Despite getting her face busted in during the first round of the UFC 196 co-main event on March 5, Miesha Tate ended up taking down Holly Holm and became a champion. What an upset! So who exactly is Miesha Tate? Find out here!
Forget about Holly Holm and Ronda Rousey. Miesha Tate is the UFC champion everyone will be talking about for weeks to come, now that she defeated Holly in an epic matchup that took place on March 5. It was totally unexpected, but Miesha was very deserving of the win. Find out more about her here.
Below, you’ll find a list of things we think you should know about Miesha.
1. Miesha is only 29 years old. She was born on August 18, 1986, and has already accomplished so much in her life.
2. After defeating Holly Holm on March 5, she’s now the current UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion.
3. Miesha is taken! She’s currently dating UFC fighter Bryan Caraway, whom she met at her MMA fitness club at Central Washington University.
4. In fighting, Miesha is known for her double-leg takedowns and grappling ability. Even her rival, Ronda Rousey, has described Miesha as “an amazing fighter,” according to ESPN.
5. Miesha is a hero. She once saved the life of Bryan’s mother, Chris Caraway, when she suffered an asthma attack while scuba diving, stopped breathing and became completely unresponsive, according to MMA Junkie.
No wonder Miesha beat Holly in the ring. She’s an extremely quick thinker, as evidenced by the fact that she saved Bryan’s mother’s life while out in the middle of the ocean. She may only be 29, but she has definitely achieved a lot over the course of her young life.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you surprised Miesha beat Holly Holm? Tell us below!