We’re so excited! On March 2, Ginger Zee was announced as one of the contestants competing on Season 22 of ‘Dancing With The Stars.’ But many of you may not be familiar with who she is, so to help you out, we put together a list of things you should know about her!
Dancing With the Stars will officially reveal the Season 22 cast on March 8, but a few names have already leaked online, and one of them happens to be Ginger Zee, 35. The name may not ring a bell, but it’s highly likely you see her on your TV screen at least a few times a week, and she can easily spot a tornado coming from miles away! Do you now have an idea of who she might be? To learn more about Ginger, click below.
1. On Dec. 2, 2013, Ginger Zee became the chief meteorologist for Good Morning America and ABC World News Tonight on ABC. She took over the role after Sam Champion left the network for The Weather Channel.
2. Ginger was named after “Ginger” from Gilligan’s Island, according to The Seattle Times. Her Dutch father loved the show and it actually helped him learn English.
3. According to Chicago Magazine, she once said that she chose to be a meteorologist because: “I saw a waterspout on Lake Michigan when I was eight… I was mesmerized. I really thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen.”
4. On June 7, 2014, Ginger married WNBC personality Ben Aaron. And on Dec. 19, 2015, she and Ben welcomed a beautiful baby boy named Adrian Benjamin into the world.
5. Ginger Zee was diagnosed with narcolepsy when she was 21, which is a chronic sleep disorder that causes overwhelming daytime drowsiness.
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you excited to watch Ginger Zee compete on Dancing With the Stars? Tell us below!