Super Bowl 2016 is right around the corner and we are dreaming about the delicious food we’re having at our own viewing party! Check out these 5 mouthwatering appetizers that are sure to drive your guests wild!
Super Bowl is almost here and this means that we can pig out on our fave foods. HollywoodLife.com has five recipes that are bound to leave you wanting more and you can shop the ingredients here!
Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Touchdown Bites
Yield: 30-40 sausage balls
For the Cabernet Honey Mustard:
1 cup of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir cornmeal, flour, cheddar cheese, salt and thyme together.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sausage and cream cheese with your hands.
4. Add sausage mixture to cornmeal mixture and combine the two. Your dough will be dry and crumbly, and somewhat difficult to combine. Form 1-ounce balls and place on baking sheet one inch apart.
5. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes.
6. While the sausage balls are baking, make your Cabernet Honey Mustard.
7. Add all Cabernet Honey Mustard ingredients to a medium saucepan, bring to medium heat. Stirring often, cook for 20-25 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about half. Remove thyme sprigs, and serve in a bowl alongside sausage balls.
8. Enjoy sausage balls hot or at room temperature, serving with Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon.
*Entertaining Tip: These sausage balls are great at room temperature, making them the perfect tailgating food. Let the balls cool completely, and then pack them between paper towels in a storage container to transport them to the game.
5 avocados, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1/8teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, combine the avocados, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Serve with the tortilla chips.
BBQ Chicken Nachos
2 half a 12- to 14-ounce bag tortilla chips
4 scallions, thinly sliced
Heat oven to 450° F. On a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, layer the chips, Cheddar, and chicken. Bake until the Cheddar is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Top with the barbecue sauce and scallions.
Spinach & Artichoke Pizza
cornmeal, for the baking sheets
2 cups baby spinach (about 2 ounces)
8 ounces mozzarella, grated (1 cup)
1/2cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
Heat oven to 475° F. Shape the dough into 4 rounds and place on 2 cornmeal-dusted baking sheets.
Dividing evenly, top the rounds with the artichoke hearts, spinach, mozzarella, cream cheese, and Parmesan; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes.
½ cup mayonnaise
1 package taco seasoning
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch of scallions, chopped
1. Spread refried beans over a platter or pan (9″ circular or 8″x8″ square) so it’s evenly covered
2. Mash avocados with lemon or lime juice until they’re soft and spread on top of beans
3. Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, and taco seasoning, and spread on top of avocados
4. Spread chopped tomatoes on dip evenly
5. Spread chopped scallions on dip evenly
6. Spread chopped olives on dip evenly
7. Sprinkle cheese over entire dip so it’s completely covered, “no bald spots!” my mom would say.
8. Garnish with scallions to create some sort of cool design (optional but encouraged)
Refrigerate until game time, and serve with tortilla chips.