Wowza! Rachel McAdams looked absolutely stunning on the SAG Awards red carpet on Jan. 30! The ‘Spotlight’ star’s makeup was completely on-point for the show, and we’re still obsessing. We have all the details on her gorgeous look, here.
Rachel McAdams, 37, totally slayed the SAG Awards red carpet on Jan. 30, and now we need to steal her look! The Spotlight star was sexy, vibrant and fun. We have all the details on how she looked so perfect, and how you can get the same look, right here!
Rachel never disappoints on the red carpet, but this year she was next-level. The gorgeous star of Spotlight rocked a sexy tousled bob with gorgeous blonde highlights that felt young, fun, and yet still very classy. Her makeup beautifully complimented her black lace gown by staying very light and minimal. She had a light smokey eye with insane lashes, peachy cheeks and light pink lips. Obsessed!
The actress has her sister to thank for the absolutely flawless makeup look. Kayleen McAdams made sure she looked perfect for the big night, starting her makeup four hours before the show and posting a pic of her tools with the caption “It always starts out so neat and tidy….Let the madness begin! #workingwithburtsbees #makeupbykayleen.” She used a gorgeous light pink Burt’s Bees lipstick in Iced Iris combined with a pink blush, plus her eyes really popped thanks to IT Cosmetic’s Bye Bye Under Eye concealer. Plus her skin was glowing thanks to Burt’s Bees Radiance Body Lotion. We’ve gotta get out hands on that!
As for that glamorous hair? Her modern finger waves are all thanks to Mark Townsend. Mark used a slew of totally wallet-friendly (and lovely smelling) Dove hair products to get her curls perfect. “Rachel McAdams knew she wanted an effortless look when it came to her hair. Her Elie Saab black beaded gown was stunning, so we wanted to balance it out by giving a sexy nod to the 1920s coif,” said the stylist.
Here’s how he did it:
1. I started by applying several drops of NEW Dove Regenerative Nourishment Serum-in-Oil to her damp hair to nourish hair and seal the cuticle. I then blew out her hair with a small, round brush.
2. Once her hair was fully dry and smoothed out, I started to create texture by using my 1-inch ghd curve™ classic curl iron to wave the underneath section of her hair loosely.
3. I then concentrated my efforts on the top section, using the new ghd platinum™ styler, to create soft bends in an “S” formation.
4. I then set the hair around her face with flat clips in said “S” shape and let it cool.
5. Once I removed the clips, I sprayed her blonde locks with LOTS and LOTS of Dove Refresh+Care Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo for volume, texture and grit. The end result is an effortlessly cool take on a 1920s finger wave.”
HollywoodLifers – what did you think of Rachel’s beauty look? Let us know in the comments below and CLICK HERE for more videos!