The ‘High School Musical’ 10-year reunion was a heartwarming blast from the past on Jan. 20, and we couldn’t have loved it more! Plus, we learned so much from the Wildcat crew. Check it out, here!
Vanessa Hudgens, 27, Zac Efron, 28, Ashley Tisdale, 30, Lucas Grabeel, 31, Corbin Bleu, 26, and Monique Coleman, 35, got together on Jan. 20 to reminisce about the good old days filming High School Musical, and boy did it make us nostalgic! Here are 10 interesting things the Wildcats revealed about the movie.
1. Sharpay didn’t have any dancing experience! “I grew up not really dancing,” said Ashley, but we never would have known based on the crazy tap dancing solo in “What I’ve Been Looking For.”
2. Speaking of Sharpay, Ashley really got into character for her audition. Lucas said that after he ran through the script with her, she actually gave him notes!
3. Monique didn’t think she was going to get the part of Taylor because she looked too much like Corbin. Watching the old audition footage she laughed and said “look at my hair. They’re not going to cast me cause I look just like him.”
4. There was tons of choreographed dancing in HSM, but they didn’t have much time to learn it! “We had like two weeks to learn all this stuff!” exclaimed Ashley.
5. Justin Bieber stole Zac’s look! Okay, this isn’t official, but the crew did say that Zac had the famous Bieber-swoop hair before JB was even on the scene.
6. Corbin got back his old jersey and he explained why his had an 8 on it. “My favorite number’s always been 8, I remember getting to choose my Wildcat number.” How cute is that? You can buy your own jersey RIGHT HERE.
7. Vanessa’s fave scene was the rooftop scene with Troy. Zac’s was the “All In This Together” scene, saying it was “embedded in my mind as one of the most beautiful days of my life.” Lucas and Ashley loved their silly vocal warm-up scene (so did we) and Corbin and Monique both loved the scenes with each other – aw!
8. Lucas kept the infamous green newsboy cap he wore in the audition scene. While the crew was making fun of his looks throughout the film, he said “I do have that hat though.” But he says he only wears it in and out of the shower.
9. Director Kenny Ortega gave a speech just before the big finale number, he said it “wasn’t about the dance moves, wasn’t about the choreography, it was about the spirit.” Corbin said “I really think that was it. That number just set it off.
10. All of the cast is so proud of what they created. “The fact that we did something that allowed kids the opportunity to express themselves is so cool,” said Vanessa. Zac said High School Musical was “the coolest thing I’ve ever been a part of.”
HollywoodLifers – Did you watch the reunion? Let us know below!