Espresso yourself! Starbucks just debuted a new latte for 2016 — the Latte Macchiato. After its successful new drink, the Flat White, the company decided to expand its popular menu. The drink, which you can learn about here, will be available on Jan. 5 in the U.S., Canada and across Latin America.
Starbucks rang in the new year by adding a new drink to their long list of choices. The Latte Macchiato is now another caffeine infused option for Starbuck addicts to order. Made of two simple ingredients, the recipe may not seem like much, but the company insists it has its own distinct taste — here are five things you need to know about the espresso!
1. Espresso and milk are all that is needed to make the latte, but Starbucks says it is unique because of its “bold and roasty” flavor that’s “softened by creamy steamed whole milk,” according to Us Weekly. This intense taste that Starbucks is boasting was created by pouring aerated, foamy whole milk and adding full espresso shots to it.
2. The caffeinated drink also has a signature look. By putting the shots of espresso into the cup after the milk is poured, an easy to spot brown dot forms in the center of the foam.
3. This new cup of heaven is the newest addition to the espresso family. The Latte Macchiato joins the Doppio Espresso, Caffe Americano, Cappuccino and Caffe Latte!
4. Unlike the Latte Macchiato, its’ predecessor, the Flat White, is composed of ristretto shots of espresso combined with steamed whole milk.
5. The drink is only the latest to many changes on the Starbucks menu. Back in June, the coffee shop also added a sugary list of frappuccinos to its flavor choices. Red Velvet Cake Creme, Cotton Candy and Lemon Bar were a few of the bold additions. Talk about a sugar rush!
HollywoodLifers, are you going to head to Starbucks to try the new espresso? Tell us your thoughts below!