Have you ever dreamt about winning $400 million dollars? Your chance could be right around the corner because the Powerball lottery jackpot and the lucky winner will be picked at the next draw on Jan. 6! HollywoodLife.com has the top five things you need to know about this mega jackpot!
You could become a multi-millionaire overnight! The Powerball lottery jackpot is at the highest it’s ever been since September of 2013 with a whopping $400 million. No one won the lottery during the last drawing on Jan. 2 and the next opportunity is Jan. 6 and you could be the winner!
1. The odds of someone winning are close to 1 in 300 million but there’s still a chance!
2. A $400 million win would be one of the biggest jackpots ever! In 2013 an 84-year-old man won $590.5 million which is the biggest grand prize in lotto history!
3. Several individuals won smaller prizes during the draw on Jan. 4 but no one has won the grand prize. Amounts people took home vary from $1 million to $2 million!
4. New rules in October make it so that multiple people win smaller amounts, decreasing the odds someone will win the grand prize.
5. Tickets costs $2 and after taxes the take home amount if you win is $244.8 million!
The lucky winner can do one of two things with their winnings. They can get annual payments over 30 years or get all of it at once! If no one matches all the numbers than the pot will continue to grow and grow! The lucky numbers during the last draw were 5,6,15,29,42. We bet someone will win but will it be you?
HollywoodLifers, are you going to try and win the Powerball jackpot? Sound off below!