We are so excited to ring in 2016 with our family and friends! But there’s no better way to celebrate than with a cocktail in your hand and we have some easy-to-make recipes just for you!
The countdown to 2016 has begun! With the New Year just a few hours away we’re putting the last minute preparations on our festive bash and we bet you are too. If you’re scrambling to find some fun cocktails instead of whipping up the same boring drinks you do all the time, try these drinks below!
Whether you’re at home watching the ball drop from the comfort of your cozy couch or hosting a soiree with your besties, these drinks are sure to be delicious and make for a festive night. All you have to do is follow the easy recipes below and ta-da!
Cruzan® Midnight Sparkler
1 part Cruzan® Estate Diamond® Light Rum
1/4 part Simple Syrup
3 dashes Plum Bitters
4 1/2 parts Sparkling Wine
Method: Combine Cruzan® Rum, simple syrup and bitters in a mixing glass over ice and stir for 10 seconds. Strain into a flute. Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with a plum
Casamigos’ Theo Cocktail
Makes 1 luscious coupe (and enough infused tequila for another 7)
16 ounces Casamigos
3 ounces Theo 70 percent dark chocolate, finely chopped
3 cinnamon sticks, cracked into many pieces
½ vanilla bean, sliced lengthwise
1 ounce heavy cream
2 ounces infused Casamigos
1 ounce Bärenjäger honey liqueur
Cinnamon stick, for grating
1. To infuse the tequila, put the tequila in a quart container with a lid. Add the chocolate, cinnamon, and vanilla bean, replace the lid, and shake well. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for at least a day (you can start tasting it after 12 hours). When the infusion has darkened in color; has a strong aroma of chocolate, cinnamon, and vanilla, and tastes as flavorful as you’d like it to, strain it through a fine mesh strainer into a small bowl. Discard the solids, line the strainer with a coffee filter, and strain again.
2. To make the cocktail, have a shaker filled with ice ready and a squeeze bottle for the cream. Put a coupe glass in the freezer.
4. Pour the cream into the squeeze bottle and keep it refrigerated while you make the cocktail. Pour the infusion and honey liqueur in the shaker and shake vigorously until chilled. Strain the mixture into the frozen coupe glass. Shake the heavy cream in the squeeze bottle until frothy (if it doesn’t have a lid, be sure to keep your finger over the opening), then slowly and carefully squeeze a layer of cream to float on top of the cocktail. Grate a little cinnamon on top and serve immediately.
Roasted Cocoa Nib–Infused Vodka
Makes 750 ml infused vodka
1 (750 ml) bottle of your favorite vodka
½ cup (2 ounces) Theo roasted cocoa nibs
1. Pour out about ⅓ cup of the vodka. Put it aside and store it so you can add it back to the bottle later. Use a funnel to add the cocoa nibs to the bottle of vodka, screw on the top, and turn the bottle upside down a couple of times. Set aside to steep for about 3 days, turning it upside down a few times a day, or whenever you think of it.
2. After about 3 days, strain the vodka through a mesh strainer lined with a triple layer of cheesecloth, discarding the cocoa nibs. Pour the nib-infused vodka through a funnel back into the bottle. Add the reserved vodka (if you still have it).
Denning’s Point Distillery Maid of the Meadow ~ Wild Honey & Herb Vodka
2 oz (60ml) Maid of the Meadow Vodka
1 oz Pomegranate Liqueur
1 1/2 oz Chilled English Breakfast Tea
1/2 oz Simple Syrup (Optional)
1 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
1. Chill a martini glass.
2. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
3. Add crushed ice. Shake, strain, pour.
4. Garnish with curled lemon peel.
Cranberry Cucumber Cooler
1.5 oz BluePrint Cranberry
.25 oz Gin
.25 oz fresh lime juice
.25 oz honey syrup (1 part honey, 1 part water boiled water)
2 thin slices English seedless cucumber, muddled
Dried Cranberries for decoration.
Combine all ingredients in cocktail shaker and add ice.
Shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain into tall glass and
garnish with cucumber and cranberry flag.
Spicy Apple Sparkler
1 oz Apple Brandy
1 oz BluePrint Spicy Apple
3 oz Chilled Sparkling Wine
Pour the apple brandy into the bottom of a champagne flute.
Add champagne. Top with BluePrint Spicy Apple and dust
HollywoodLifers, what are your plans for New Year’s Eve? Sound off below!