People write down New Year’s resolutions in a variety of categories — health, happiness, family — but beauty should be its own category, too, and here’s why.
It’s my job to be beauty obsessed and I love it, but there are always areas of improvement for me, and maybe for you, too. Read my beauty New Year’s resolutions and tell me yours below.
[hl_amazon_single url=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081HFJR8/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0081HFJR8&linkCode=as2&tag=hollywoocom-20&linkId=RVCDLFPUU5Q3PFQM” header=”Shop Celeb Beauty Picks” title=”Buy Kim Kardashian’s Face Wash”]
1. Wear sunscreen every. single. day. I’m pretty good about this thanks to Skinceuticals Physical Matte UV Defense Spf 50, which I use as a primer under makeup. I’m great about applying SPF on my face, and all over if I am at the beach, but I need to be more aware of my neck and chest, and other sneaky areas, like my hands. Be sure to apply all year round, and an extra coat on hands if you’re getting a gel mani.
2. Washing my makeup brushes. This is so obvious and easy, and yet I slack. (Read expert tips here.) I’m setting a specific time (Sunday afternoon at 2pm) to do this chore every week. This gives me enough time (I’m usually not wearing makeup on Sunday) to allow my brushes to dry naturally. Put a calendar reminder in your phone.
Beauty New Year’s Resolutions — Good Makeup & Skin Habits For 2016
3. Being more adventurous with makeup (and hairstyles). It’s so easy to get into a makeup rut, but Khloe Kardashian does a great job of switching it up. Celebs on Instagram are great inspiration for trying new things — gold eyeshadow, bold red lips. Khloe always mixes it up — a glossy pout, matte, dark lips, colored eyeliner — she isn’t afraid. And why should she be? It washes off! I’m aiming to try more bold lipsticks, especially red, since I rocked a light pink / nude lip on about 360 days in 2015.
4. Taking care of my skin. I am good about washing my face every night and every morning, but I want to step up my skincare even more. I got facials every month leading up to my wedding, and although that was a special occasion, so is my life. I want to have clear, beautiful skin every day. I plan to get facials at Erno Laszo’s Skincare Institute (he was a favorite of Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn, and Kim Kardashian uses his mud cleansing bar) and regular treatments at Skin Laundry. Skin Laundry features a 10 minute laser and light treatment that reduces pores, fine lines, hyper-pigmentation, acne scarring and much more. I love wearing makeup but having great skin will allow me to show it off more, and maybe post some no makeup selfies like Sofia Vergara!
Stream music, completely unlimited and ad-free, RIGHT HERE
5. Master masks. Hair and skin masks are fun to use and make a huge difference for soft, shiny hair and clear skin. I especially love the new GravityMud mask from GlamGlow. The out-of-this-world treatment goes onto your face silver and peels off — a new innovation for the cult-favorite brand. I want to apply a face mask once a week — pick a time that works for you, maybe when watching a favorite TV show and make it happen.
What about you? What are your beauty resolutions? Tell me below!