The news is absolutely heartbreaking and shocking. Mark Salling, one of the most adored members of ‘Glee,’ was arrested for possession of child pornography on Dec. 29. So, who is he?
Born in a strict Christian home in Texas, Mark Salling, 33, was a star from the beginning of Fox’s hit show, Glee. However, he did many other things in his life — and has actually gotten into trouble with the law before. Here’s everything you need to know.
1. Mark Salling was arrested after the LAPD’s Internet Crime Against Children Task Force Unit served a search warrant to his Sunland, California home. The report was first made by Crime Watch Daily, and later confirmed by TMZ, who also added police found “hundreds” of images on his computer. Police were tipped off by an ex-girlfriend about the photos and they investigated to be sure it wasn’t just for revenge
2. This is not Mark’s first time in trouble with the law. In 2013, he was accused of sexual battery by Roxanne Gorzela, his girlfriend at the time. The claim said he forced her to have unprotected sex in 2011, and later grabbed her, and pushed her down.
3. Mark’s had some A-list girlfriends in his time. He famously dated his Glee costar Naya Rivera in 2010 and they had a very public break up — in a jealous rage, she reportedly egged and keyed his Lexus. He also was romantically connected to Audrina Patridge, and in 2014 he was seen cozying up to Denyse Tontz. She was 19 at the time, and he was 30.
4. Mark was in the original Glee club, starring as bad boy, Noah “Puck” Puckerman. He starred in 98 episodes and sang some of the best songs on the soundtrack. In season five, he was demoted from season regular when the cast was thinned out.
5. He also records music. In 2008, he dropped his first CD, Smoke Signals; two years later he released his second on his own label, Pipe Dreams.