So sad. A month and a half after Scott Marshall’s tragic passing, his cause of death has been revealed. The coroner’s report confirms that Scott died of a drug overdose — get the details here.
Scott Marshall, the winner of Spike TV’s Ink Master, who died in his sleep on Oct. 24, had taken a deadly cocktail of drugs before tragically passing away, according to the official coroner’s report. Find out what he was taking here.
The late 41-year-old’s toxicology report revealed that there was a mix of heroin and prescription drugs, including Xanax and Valium, in his system, and the coroner noted that there was a small bag of heroin found on the nightstand of his Roselle, Illinois hotel room, TMZ reports. The cause of death has officially been described as “an accident due to intoxication.”
Additionally, a small amount of blood was found under Scott’s face on his mattress, and he had “red crusted abrasions” on his foot and thigh, which is indicative that there may have been prior intravenous drug use.
After a day of work at his tattoo shop in Chicago on Oct. 24, Scott called his wife, Johanna, to let her know he didn’t feel well that that he would be staying in a hotel because he was unable to make the drive to their home. However, when he wasn’t answering her phone calls the next day, Johanna grew worried, and was later notified that Scott had been found dead in his hotel room.
Scott competed on Spike’s reality series Ink Master in Season 4, which aired in 2014, and was crowned the winner by season’s end. Along with his wife, the tattoo artist also leaves behind three children. So, so tragic.
HollywoodLifers, leave your condolences for Scott’s family in the comments section below.