Former Disney Channel starlet Tiffany Thornton is mourning the sudden loss of her husband Chris Carney following a tragic car accident near their Hot Springs, Ark. home. The MTV star leaves behind his wife and two young sons. Here’s some highlights of Tiffany’s life.
Tiffany Thornton, 29, is in mourning over the passing of her husband Chris Carney, 35. The talented actress rose to fame on several Disney Channel shows, but chose a more quiet life in Arkansas as a wife and mother after her TV success. Here’s five things to know about Tiffany.
1. Tiffany rose to fame through guest appearances on Disney Channel shows, before landing the sitcom Sonny with a Chance alongside Demi Lovato. After that, she starred in the spinoff, So Random!
2. Tiffany became engaged to former the MTV star in December 2009 and got married on Nov. 12, 2011 at Garvan Woodland Gardens, in Hot Springs National Park in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Demi served as one of her bridesmaids and even gave a toast at their wedding.
3. On Feb. 13, 2012, Chris and Tiffany announced they were expecting their first baby together. Their son, Kenneth James Carney, also known as KJ, was then born on August 14, 2012. They welcomed their second son, Bentley Cash, less than two years later on March 1, 2014.
4. She is an alumna of Texas A&M University, where she sang the national anthem at a number of sporting events. She even showed her pride for the Aggies by attending their game against Vanderbilt with Chris in November 2015.
5. Her husband Chris was only 35-years-old at the time of his unexpected death on Dec. 4, 2015, when the SUV he was a passenger in flew off the road and hit a tree, killing him and pal Ezekiel Blanton.
Our thoughts continue to go out to Tiffany and her family during this difficult time in their lives.