We’re still so heartbroken over the fact that former MTV star Chris Carney was tragically killed in a car accident on Dec. 4. He was loved by many, especially his wife, Tiffany Thornton, and that’s why we’d like to share more information about him in an effort to celebrate his life.
Chris Carney tragically died in a horrific car accident on Dec. 4, leaving his wife, former Disney star Tiffany Thornton, and his two children without a husband and father. It’s such a sad situation, but instead of focusing on the sadness, we’d like to celebrate the former MTV star’s life. So join us as we help you learn more about a man, who was loved by so many.
1. Chris was a probation officer and the former lead singer of the band The Prom Kings. He also starred in MTV’s reality series, twentyfourseven.
2. He and Tiffany became engaged in December 2009 and got married on Nov. 12, 2011 at Garvan Woodland Gardens, in Hot Springs National Park in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
3. On Feb. 13, 2012, Chris and Tiffany announced they were expecting their first baby together. Their son, Kenneth James Carney, was then born on August 14, 2012. And they welcomed their second son, Bentley Cash, less than two years later on March 1, 2014.
4. Chris and Tiffany, unfortunately, separated after the birth of their second son. In May 2014, he reportedly accused her of abducting their two children. But on Sept. 21, 2014, it was reported by TMZ that they reconciled.
5. Chris was only 35 years old at the time of his unexpected death on Dec. 4, 2015.
As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, Chris was involved in a single car accident during the early morning hours of Dec. 4 in his home state of Arkansas. Chris was allegedly driving with his friend Ezekiel Blayton, both of whom were pronounced dead at the scene, according to TMZ. Their car reportedly flew off the road while going around a bend before slamming into a tree.
Our thoughts continue to go out to Tiffany and her family during this difficult time in their lives.