Shanice Williams is making her TV debut in ‘The Wiz’ on Dec. 3 but little is known about this 18-year-old beauty! HollywoodLife.com did some digging and we have the five things you need to know before you tune in to see her belt out our fave classics on NBC!
Shanice Williams is going to play Dorothy Gale in The Wiz and we are so excited. Not only is her voice killer, she’s absolutely adorable! But there are tons of questions like where is Shanice from? Does she have a broadway background? HollywoodLife.com has the answers!
Check out the five things you’ve got to know about Shanice!
1. Shanice is 18-years-old and she hails from Rahway, NJ and she graduated from Rahway High School!
2. She is only 5’4″ but she has a voice that will knock your socks off!
3. Shanice has a musical background. She studied at the Paper Mill Playhouse in New Jersey!
4. She beat out hundreds for the role of Dorothy Gale in The Wiz!
5. Shanice has always wanted to play Dorothy! “This has been my dream forever, but I never thought it would be a reality,” she tells People. “I’ve just been thanking God. I couldn’t celebrate because I couldn’t tell anyone until now. Just me and my mom have been celebrating.”
But that’s not all, even her old theater teacher has amazing things to say about her! “I have a sense of pride as if she was my own child,” Alison Dooley, the musical theater and dance teacher at Rahway High School said. “She is the whole package. She accepted criticism with grace and always wanted to be better, to take whatever help and support and guidance you can give her and hone in on her craft. That’s unusual for teenagers. That made her very unique.” We are so excited to see her in the show and keep in mind it’s live! That means there’s no editing, everything you see is what you get. But we know that she is going to knock it out of the park because her voice is amazing!
HollywoodLifers, are you going to watch The Wiz? Sound off below!