Just as I thought the Thanksgiving temptations were over, I came into my office to find cannolis! The entire holiday season is full of treats and temptations — find out how to beat the bulge with expert tips below!
Staying on track is hard, especially in December, when it feels like sweets and treats are always around. There are a few tips and tricks to keeping your waistline from budging — read them right here!
Bedros Keuilian, personal trainer and founder of Fit Body Boot Camp, is revealing 10 tips to stay on track during the tempting season:
“1. Aim to stay on your fitness program throughout the entire holiday season, even if you only have time to squeeze in a quick workout.
2. Plan out your workouts ahead of time to make sure you leave yourself enough time to get in a good workout.
3. Try to set fitness goals for yourself that can come as a gift to yourself at the end of the holidays.
4. Don’t overdo the dieting — make sure you allow yourself a planned “cheat day” to reward yourself for your hard work.
5. Don’t get discouraged if you miss a workout or two, just make sure to jump right back into your routine.
6. Although you will be eating more throughout the holidays, try to stay on a consistent eating schedule to keep your metabolism up and running.
7. It’s okay to have dessert on the holidays, just remember portion size and try not to overindulge in anything.
8. Bring a family member who’s in town to work out with you and use each other to stay on track.
9. On the days the gym is closed, be sure to get as much of a workout in as possible at home — even if it’s only a couple sets.
10. Get the family outside before dinner — start a quick game of football that can help everyone get active before the big meal.”
A lot of these things coincide with Khloe Kardashian‘s workout tips around the holidays: portion control, always finding the time to work out and occasionally indulging in your favorite things.
Are you working hard to stay fit this December and beyond?