After hours of deadly shootouts and explosions, Paris officials now believe that all five terrorists responsible for the deadly attacks on Nov. 13 have been killed.
Hours after ending the terrifying siege and slaughter of 127 innocent civilians, the head of the Paris police has reported that they believed all attackers are now dead. Officials say they’ve accounted for all five suspects involved in the horrifying tragedy, though they remain on the hunt for any possible accomplices.
The Paris police prefect, Michel Cadot, gave an update just hours police ended the hostage crisis at the Bataclan concert venue, according to the Associated Press. The French police now believe all of the attackers involved in the shootings and bombing in Paris are dead. Still, Cadot warns that while all of the attackers are believed to have died, authorities are searching for possible accomplices in the attacks that left over 120 people dead. At this time, officials are unable to confirm who was responsible for the attacks, although it is believed to have involved the Islamic State group.
As HollywoodLife.com previously reported, deadly shootings and explosions broke out at the Bataclan Concert Hall in Paris around 9:15pm on Nov 13, where the American band Eagles of Death Metal was performing a sold-out show. According to eye-witness accounts, the killers entered the venue and immediately started firing upon the concertgoers before taking over 100 hostage. Benjamin Cazenoves, one of those held hostage inside the concert hall, told the Daily Mail that the terrorists were “cutting down” people one-by-one, describing the attack as a “bloodbath.”
The hostage crisis ended with two of the attackers reportedly being killed by authorities, the Associated Press reports French authorities secured the Bataclan concert venue with police squads, eventually putting an end to the terrifying crisis. Sadly, they could not save the lives of the reported 118 people killed inside.
In addition to the hostage situation and the reported explosion at the nearby Stade de France stadium where France was playing Germany in a friendly soccer match, there was an intense shootout at a Paris restaurant. An eyewitness at the diner said that it sounded “like fireworks” when the bullets started flying. In light of the tragedy, French president Francois Hollande has reportedly deployed an additional 1,500 soldiers to Paris as the city remains in a state of emergency. These attacks mark the deadliest violence the city has seen since WWII.
As always, HollywoodLife.com‘s thoughts remain with the hostages and victims, as well as their friends and family, during this extremely difficult time.
— Alyssa Montemurro