Oh, no! One Direction’s Niall Horan got a real shock when fans threw water on him while he was playing the electric guitar. Ouch. Click inside to WATCH!
Niall Horan, 22, isn’t very happy with some One Direction fans after they nearly got him electrocuted during a concert on Thursday night, Oct. 22. He’s not alone, either… because Directioners are also pretty upset that one of their favorite guys was almost seriously injured!
Note to Directioners: throwing water on someone is not a sign of affection. That’s the message other fans are trying to get across to one person who apparently thought soaking Niall while he played an electric guitar was a good idea. Of course, it wasn’t.
In the video below, watch as Niall truly rocks out while playing the guitar on “Little White Lies” for the fans at the end of the stage. Sadly, Niall’s closeness just isn’t enough for one fan who thought splashing the Irish singer with water would be a great way to his attention. Eek.
— kate (@concertmh) October 23, 2015
As you can see, Niall is immediately upset when he realizes what’s happened, and he has no choice but to stop playing the electric device before it seriously injures him. Not only does he walk away from the end of the stage, but at the tail end of the video you can see him taking the guitar strap off of his shoulder. Sad.
Once fans saw the video they brought their outrage to Twitter where the hashtag “#CanYouRespectNiall” trended almost immediately. Fan tweets ranged from infuriated to terrified, but thankfully the trend sends a really great message to other fans: don’t get your favorite band electrocuted!
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Should fans be more thoughtful during concerts? Comment below!
— Lauren Cox