Yes we will accept Jessie J as part of our world. The singer, 27, took on the epic ‘Little Mermaid’ hit and put her strong spin on it for ‘We Love Disney’ — and it’s pretty much epic.
“I selected ‘Part of Your World’ from The Little Mermaid because when I was little, I literally loved this song, and I always wanted to be able to sing it, combing my hair with a fork,” singer Jessie J said in a behind-the-scenes clip of the making of We Love Disney, the album that Disney announced during D23 this summer, featuring artist like Jessie, Ariana Grande, Lucy Hale and Fall Out Boy. And we’re sure glad she did. Listen to her rendition here.
Talk about making a famous song your own while still respecting the original! Jessie added her super strong voice into the mix for The Little Mermaid rendition, reminding us just how talented she is!
We Love Disney arrives Oct. 30. Here’s the full track list:
1. Friend Like Me (From Aladdin) – Ne-Yo
2. Part of Your World (From The Little Mermaid) – Jessie J
3. Can You Feel the Love Tonight / Nants’ Ingonyama (From The Lion King) – Jason Derulo
4. The Rainbow Connection (From The Muppet Movie) – Gwen Stefani
5. Zero to Hero (From Hercules) – Ariana Grande
6. In a World of My Own / Very Good Advice (From Alice in Wonderland) – Jhené Aiko
7. I Wan’na Be Like You (The Monkey Song) (From The Jungle Book) – Fall Out Boy
8. Colors of the Wind (From Pocahontas) – Tori Kelly
9. Spoonful of Sugar (From Mary Poppins) – Kacey Musgraves
10. Ev’rybody Wants to Be a Cat (From The Aristocats) – Charles Perry
11. A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes (From Cinderella) – Jessie Ware
12. Let It Go (From Frozen) – Rascal Flatts & Lucy Hale
13. It’s a Small World – We Love Disney Artists
14. It’s Not Easy Being Green (From The Muppet Show) – Brenna Whitaker
15. A Whole New World (From Aladdin) – Yuna
Do you love Jessie’s rendition?
— Emily Longeretta