Congrats are in order for Ms. Bridget Moynahan! The actress just married her fiance, Andrew Frankel, in a super intimate ceremony in the Hamptons. So, what do you need to know about the newlywed gal? Here’s a quick get-to-know ya!
You may not know Bridget Moynahan‘s name, but you certainly know her work. The 44-year-old actress, who currently stars on Blue Bloods, said “I do” to Andrew Frankel in a quiet Hamptons ceremony on Oct. 17. The actress has actually been in the biz for years and has appeared in a ton of what are probably your favorite TV shows and films. Get to know Bridget with five facts!
5. She Shared the News Via Instagram: It’s 2015, after all. Bridget decided to break her wedding news on her own terms, posting a photo of she and Andrew on Instagram with the caption, “Oh, by the way, guess what I just did @JohnDolanPhotog #SoHappy #Perfection #Friends #Family #Forever.”
4. Her New Man is Not in the Biz: Andrew is a businessman, living and working in New York– and a very successful one at that! Bridget’s hubby is co-president of Wall Street brokerage firm, Stuart Frankel and Co.
3. She Knows Sex: Bridget had a small but pivotal role in the hit HBO series, Sex and the City. Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) and her on and off lover, Mr. Big (Chris Noth) begin to have an affair, despite the fact that he had gotten married– to Bridget’s character, Natasha! The scene in which Natasha chases Carrie down the stairs before falling down will live as television legend.
2. She Previously Dated Tom Brady: If you do know anything about Bridget, it may be that she used to date Patriots quarterback, Tom Brady, 38. In fact, the two have a child together, John Edward Thomas Moynahan, 8. Infamously, the couple broke up around the time Bridget got pregnant, and Tom began dating supermodel (and now-wife) Gisele Bundchen, 35, before he and Bridget welcomed John.
1. Her Most Important Role is Mom: Though Bridget currently stars on hit series Blue Blooods, and can now call herself a wife, the most important part she plays is mommy. “I’m raising a child, and it’s public,” Bridget told More magazine in 2011. “My son has two loving parents and an extended family, whether it’s cousins or stepmothers or boyfriends. My son is surrounded by love.”
Did you know the above about Bridget? Are you happy about her special news?
— Casey Mink