Kaley Cuoco and Ryan Sweeting filed for divorce on Sept. 25 after only 21 months of marriage. The couple seemed so in love during their wedded time and Kaley even gushed about her husband just days before the split. Things seemed so good it has us wondering if Kaley had any idea the split was coming.
Kaley Cuoco, 29, stunned Hollywood with the news that she and husband Ryan Sweeting, 28, were divorcing after less than 2 years of what we thought was wedded bliss. Throughout 2015 Kaley gave absolutely no signs there were problems in her marriage and routinely gushed about Ryan — actively dismissed divorce rumors. The split seems to have come on so suddenly we worry Kaley may have been blindsided.
Click to buy Big Bang Theory: Season 8 on Amazon
The Big Bang Theory star wed the tennis pro in a Fire & Ice themed wedding on Dec. 31, 2013. They became engaged after just two months of dating but the blonde cutie always defended her marriage following the whirlwind romance. Here are 5 ways she seemed completely happy being married to Ryan right up to the very end!
1. At January’s People’s Choice Awards she forgot to thank Ryan in a speech and told Entertainment Tonight “I’m feeling really guilty about that right now,” she said. “I got so overwhelmed and self-involved, that I totally forgot him. I just had sinus surgery and he’s been taking care of me for two weeks, so yeah, I’m really sorry. I love you. I feel really stupid.”
2. On Easter Sunday she dismissed any problems in her marriage, showing off an Instagram collage of herself and Ryan noting “So all of you who take it upon yourselves to trash our marriage, daily workings of our relationship and everything in between, go ahead and keep doing it, cause it only makes us stronger.”
3. In June she told the Daily Mail that “We love coming to London. It’s such a great city. I’m here for a few days with my man which is great.” She even shared on her Instagram that “We totally fit in here! #londontourists” in a photo of the pair, as well as posting another photo of the happy couple riding on the London Eye.
4. In the current issue of Shape magazine that was on news stands as the divorce news spread, she actively discusses her being very much Ryan’s wife. She noted “My husband, Ryan eats so much” and dishes how she put on weight after they married and she picked up his high calorie habits.
5. On Watch What Happens Live Sept. 20, she talked about Ryan and how he’s now pals with her ex boyfriend and co-star Johnny Galecki, noting of Johnny “He’s one of my dearest friends. Ryan loves him. Johnny loves him. It’s been a long time, so it’s great. I got lucky! That could have been horrible.”
If Kaley was planning on splitting from Ryan, she sure did a great job of hiding it! It’s worth noting that she has since scrubbed her Instagram page of her now soon to be ex-husband but her bio page still reads “Norman is the OTHER love of my life. My husband knew this going in. He’s ok with it” even after the divorce bombshell
HollywoodLifers, are you shocked by Kaley Cuoco’s divorce news?
— Beth Shilliday