Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez have been flaunting their toned abs and long legs this summer — and they look amazing! Get four workouts for a lean look right here!
Taylor Swift‘s toned abs at the VMAs had us doing sit-ups ASAP. But there are a few exercises that can seriously tone you in just a few minutes a day. Fitness expert Brooke Taylor is revealing how you can look like a celeb below!
Brooke Taylor of Taylored Fitness is breaking down four key exercises to get a long and lean look. Brooke used to be a dancer, so she knows how to get toned! The movements below target multiple muscles, all at one time, and boost your metabolism. The “cardio blitz” in the middle will “shock the body” to get your heart pumping and your blood flowing, to help flush out toxins. Follow the workout below!
Taylor Swift’s Ab Workout — Get Toned Like The Singer
Brooke doesn’t work with Taylor, but you can get toned abs like the singer by following these exercises:
1. “Burpee Combo: (Dumbbell Burpee Push up Bicep Curl to Overhead Press): Start with your legs parallel and hip distance apart holding two 10 Lb dumbbells in each hand. As you inhale send your hips back into a deep squat placing each dumbbell along the outside of each foot. Jump your legs out to one long dart position finding your plank. Lower the body down to one long line to a push up, then jump the legs in landing back into your squat position. As you exhale simultaneously straighten your legs, bicep curl the arms and overhead press. Lower your arms down by your sides and repeat 10x.
2. Lateral Side to Back Cross Over Lunges with a Spinal Twist: Start standing in a neutral position with light dumbbells resting by the sides of your body. As you inhale, step to the side keeping your toes and knees in align. As you exhale take that same leg and curtsy behind the supporting leg getting a nice deep knee bend while you simultaneously rotate the spine and extend the arms. (Repeat this 15x then switch to the other side)
3. Russian Twist Into Bicycles: Start in a seated position shifting your weight back of your sitz bones lifting up one leg at a time. Squeeze your inner thighs tight together to get a nice adductor connection. Extend your arms out in front of you and begin rotating your upper spine side to side leading with your torso/ribcage. Make sure your head follows the line of the spine and you keep your arms straight out in front of you throughout. Complete 20x and then roll down to the ground holding your legs in table top position with your hands clasped gently behind your head. Make sure that your back is imprinted keeping the connection of the abdominals throughout. As you exhale simultaneously rotate your spine pulling your knee in towards the opposite elbow while extending the other leg. Pass through center and repeat on the other side completing 40x.”
* ¼ mile CARDIO Blitz on the treadmill to get the juices flowing. Run/walk keeping your heart rate in ZONE 1 + 2. Ie: Run @ 7mph until your heart rate reaches the top of ZONE 2 then drop to a 4.0mph to recover. Repeat until you reach ¼ mile.
(REPEAT CIRCUIT 1-3)
4. Barre Lat Pull Down Alternating Legs: Stand facing the cable machine with your legs hip distance. Inhale to prepare. Exhale pull the barre down towards your chest and simultaneously step one leg back into a split stance. As you inhale step the legs together and extend your arms back to the starting position. As you exhale repeat the pull down and lunge on the other side. (15x).”
Are you going to try this workout for toned abs and a lean look like Taylor?
— Dory Larrabee-Zayas