Nearly two months after her death, Amanda Peterson’s cause of death has finally been revealed. The ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’ star allegedly died from an accidental overdose of a deadly combinations of drugs, a new report claims. Find out all the details here.
It was so shocking when Amanda Peterson, who starred in Can’t Buy Me Love, was found dead on July 5. The actress was just 43 years old when she “disappeared” on the Fourth of July, and until now, her death remained a bit of a mystery. But a new autopsy report shows that Amanda died from an accidental overdose of a deadly combination of drugs. So sad.
Amanda had a number of prescription drugs in her system at the time of her death, according to TMZ. The Weld County Coroner in Colorado claims, “benzodizepines (anti-anxiety meds), opiates and phenothiazines (an anti-psychotic medication)” were found inside Amanda’s system during her autopsy. They also found traces of marijuana.
Amanda was reportedly prescribed Gabapentin for pain, but the medical examiner said there was six times the normal level in her system. Amanda was “naive to opiates,” the report further claims.
The toxicology report also claims a week before Amanda’s death, she told someone she took some morphine, which she got from friends. It appears as though she was self-medicating to control pain. The report also claims she died because of a “morphine effect,” which causes respiratory failure.
Following Amanda’s shocking death, her Can’t Buy Me Love co-star, Patrick Dempsey, remembered her on Twitter. At the time, he said, “In my memory, she will always be vibrant and young. Gone too soon. Sending my thoughts and prayers to Amanda’s family.” So sad.
Our thoughts continue to go out to Amanda’s family and friends during this difficult time.
— Chris Rogers