It wouldn’t be an award show with a Kardashian appearance, and Kim Kardashian was absolutely glowing at the 2015 MTV VMAs with slicked back hair and soft makeup. Get the details on her latest look, and be sure to let us know what you thought!
Kim Kardashian, 34, may be about six months pregnant, but she’s not letting that keep her from rocking an award show carpet. At the much talked about August 31 Video Music Awards, Kim walked the rainbow carpet with a lace-up olive dress that showed off all of her pregnancy curves. She kept her makeup understated with a soft, shimmery eye and nude lip, and went high-fashion with her sleek hairstyle.
Kim, of course, was in attendance to support husband Kanye West, who was presented with the MTV Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, which was given to Beyoncé at last year’s show.
Kim went back to an old favorite for her hair with the wet styled look. To get the look, blow dry your hair straight back and apply three to four pumps of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir through your hair. Flat iron for a super straight look like Kim’s and finish with a hairspray to keep the style in place and a shine spray like Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray for a wet finish.
Kim Kardashian’s VMA Hair & Makeup — Slicked Back Hair & Shimmery Eyes
To get her makeup look, follow Mario Dedivanovic’s step by step.
1) Prep skin with Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup for a glowing, demi-matte complexion.
2) Blend Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush in Indecent onto the apples of the cheeks.
3) Prep lids with Eyeshadow Primer Potion to ensure a lasting look. Then use the Naked Smoky Palette, lightly highlighting the brow bone and inner corners with High, a light rose gold shimmer. Blend the shimmery, bronzy shade Radar across the entire lid and along the lower lash line.
4) Line the upper lash line with 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion and softly smudge it for some drama and definition. Finish with a few coats of Perversion Mascara.
5) Line lips with 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in 1993 and fill in lips with Matte Revolution Lipstick in Stark Naked.
Let us know if you were loving Kim K’s VMAs look!
— Marissa DeSantis