Demi Lovato has always had impeccable skin so what’s better than a list of skin care tips from Demi’s beautician? Demi’s esthetician, Renee Rouleau, posted a list of 10 night-time skin care tips on her blog and we cannot wait to try out the list ASAP.
Demi Lovato, 22, always has a fresh flawless face and we are so envious of her perfect skin! Now, thanks to her esthetician, Renee Rouleau, we have an inside look into 10 nighttime skin care tips straight from her blog! Read them all HERE.
Renee is not only an esthetician to the stars, she also makes fabulous skin care products. Aside from Demi, Sofia Vergara, 42, is also a big fan of her products!
Ok so here are Renee Rouleau’s 10 expert tips on nighttime rituals to get you waking up looking fresh & rested:
1. Cleanse your skin nightly. After all of the germs from your day’s activities have been spread on you, make sure to wash your face to prevent acne & blemishes from forming!
2. Wash your skin earlier in the evening. Honestly, we are all guilty of this. When you come home from a long night out or a long day at work, all you want to do is throw on your pajamas and hop right in bed. It takes 2 minutes to wash your face — just do it!
3. Always use moisturizer at night. It’s really important to use a moisturizer (one suited for your skin type) because at night when your skin is at rest, the skin’s permeability is at its highest therefore allowing the action ingredients of a moisturizer to absorb deeper within the skin.
4. Use Products with performance ingredients. During the day your skin requires environmental-protecting ingredients but at night when your skin is regenerating, look for repair, exfoliating and anti-inflammatory ingredients.
5. Change your pillowcases frequently. Bacteria and oil may get reintroduced into the skin when you sleep so it’s always suggested for acne-prone skin to have a fresh, clean pillowcase to sleep on.
6. Use baby wash cloths instead of regular wash cloths. Even if your skin is not sensitive, it’s always a good idea to treat it gently. Regular wash cloths can be too aggressive so instead opt for gentler baby wash cloths.
7. Avoid applying eye cream too close. It’s important to avoid applying eye cream too close to the lash line as the product will actually end up in your eyes, picked up by your eyelashes.
8. Sleep with your head elevated. Keep your head elevated by sleeping on two pillows at night to reduce under eye puffiness. This helps to reduce fluid retention in the eye area so you’re less puffy in the morning.
9. Avoid using greasy hand creams. If you sleep on your side with your hands on your face, the cream may be getting into the skin and clogging the pores. If you find that this may be happening to you, sleep with cotton gloves.
10. Get your beauty sleep. Sleep can reduce dark circles because a lack of sleep compromises your body’s circulatory system and you get stagnant blood in the vessels under the eyes because it hasn’t properly drained. Lack of sleep also causes the skin to look pale and tired because the circulation has been impaired.
Wow — we can’t wait to try all of these expert beauty tricks tonight before we go to bed!
— Olivia Elgart