It’s not over yet! Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen might just end up making their way over to Netflix’s ‘Fuller House’ after all!
If the head of Netflix has his way, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen will be on Fuller House— and there’s already a potential deal in place! Speaking at the Television Critics Association on July 28, the streaming platform’s chief content officer, Ted Sarandos, said that the twins’ refusal to be a part of the Full House spinoff series is way more fiction than fact. Actually, he said the duo “are teetering on whether or not they’ll be around” for the 13-episode series, which will hit the site in 2016.
Ted’s remarks come on the heels of quite a bit of back and forth on Mary-Kate and Ashley’s involvement– and an appropriate amount of drama. For starters, in May, the series’ executive producer Robert L. Boyett, said pretty definitively that they would not be involved.
“Although Ashley and Mary-Kate will not be a part of Fuller House, I know how much Full House has meant to them, and they are still very much considered family,” said Robert. “It has been exciting to see how they have built their professional careers, and I support their choice to focus on their fashion brands and various business endeavors. I appreciate their support and good wishes towards Fuller House.”
However, Robert sounding off came after reports of a feud between the twins and series star John Stamos surfaced. The twins said in an interview that they had been left out of Fuller House, however, John called BS on their statements, literally Tweeting, “I call bulls–t.” Factor in reports that the girls had no interest in being on the series since they no longer called themselves “actors,” and we’ve got a whole lot of back and forth– which seems to be continuing, obviously!
Do you hope to see the Olsen twins on Fuller House?
— Casey Mink