Ciara looked glam as she hit the red carpet of the BET Awards on June 28, but just a few hours later, she switched up her style to tight curls as she performed a Janet Jackson tribute. Get both hair looks below!
After Ciara slayed the red carpet in a cleavage baring gown, she did her best to channel Janet Jackson as she paid homage to the icon at the BET Awards on June 28. Do you prefer her hair straight or curly? You don’t have to decide because we’ve got the details on both looks!
MIZANI celebrity stylist César Ramirez created both looks for Ciara. He tells HollywoodLife.com:
“This day was a tricky day for us! We, for sure, wanted to capture the essence of Janet, but still remain true to Ciara and her brand. We wanted to try a beautifully, natural curly hair look for the stage, but for the red carpet we wanted a softer understated look to feature her Wes Gordon dress.
So, for rehearsals prior to the show, I styled Ciara’s hair in a full, naturally diffused curl look to test out our stage look. The challenge was to smooth out the look for the carpet and then get the hair back to curly for the stage. With such contrasting styles and little time between looks, I needed reliable products to ease the challenge.”
Here’s how to copy the curls:
“1. I started on damp, freshly washed hair.
2. Throughout the hair, I sprayed MIZANI’s 25 Miracle Milk generously to detangle condition.
3. To hydrate the curls, I used MIZANI’s True Texture Perfect Curl. It controls frizz and defines curls..
4. To finish, I used my diffuser attachment and carefully dried the hair in sections creating volume and definition.
For the performance, I wanted an extra touch to really give us a Janet feel, so I added a little highlight for a pop of color. I used slices of Indique bounce curl, which I pre colored to a light golden brown.”
Ciara’s Red Carpet Look — Sexy, Sleek Hair
Here’s how to get Ciara’s sleek, straight locks:
“1. Start off by spraying the hair with a small amount of MIZANI’s 25 Miracle Milk and blow-dry the hair in sections until smooth.
2. Then, in smaller sections, lightly press out the hair using a flat iron like the ENZO Milano GIO 2 Pro. Make sure not to make the hair too straight or too flat.
4. To finish, I used my MIZANI’s HRM Humidity Resistant Mist.”
Which hair look do you like best on Ciara?
— Dory Larrabee-Zayas