Supplements that promise healthy hair and nails have been trendy for a while now, and Sofia’s hairstylist Kylee swears on one particular brand to keep her celeb client’s manes in tip top shape.
Strong Hair & Nails — How To Grow Them Faster
Kylee spilled to HollywoodLife.com her top 5 tips on healthy hair:
1. “Brush nicely. Make sure you are brushing your hair starting from the ends and working your way up slowly.”
2. “Invest in a good supplement so you can rehab your hair from within. My favorite are these to-go packs from Hum Nutrition, which give you shiny fuller hair from the Vitamin E and Biotin.”
3. “Minimize the heat you are using in your hair. Try only blow drying your bangs for a change and letting the rest fall naturally. You can always add a little texture with an iron if things are a little too frizzy, especially if you color your hair. Between color and heat, your hair could be in some serious trouble!”
4. “Don’t wash your hair every day. When you wash your hair every day you are likely putting heat on it every day in addition to stripping it of its natural oils. Invest in a dry shampoo and learn a few quick styles to get you through day two or three with “dirty” hair. I like Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo.
5. “Coconut oil. Sleep with coconut oil or your preferred natural oil on your hair when you know you have to wash it in the morning. Apply it from mid-shaft throughout the ends, comb it through and braid or lightly twist your hair up to keep it out of the way while you sleep.”
Follow these few, easy steps and you can have healthy hair just like Sofia!
— Dory Larrabee-Zayas