Arkansas police have destroyed the record concerning the investigation of Josh Duggar allegedly molesting five girls in 2002 when he was still a teenager.
The record regarding the almost decade-old investigation into Josh Duggar, 27, has been expunged. The news of the destroyed record comes just one day after Josh broke his silence about the allegations that he molested five young girls when he was 14 years old and resigned from his position at the Family Research Council.
Josh Duggar Molestation Investigation Record Destroyed
Judge Stacey Zimmerman ordered the 2006 offense report regarding the case involving Josh to be destroyed on May 21, according to the Associated Press.
“The judge ordered us yesterday to expunge that record,” Springdale Police spokesman Scott Lewis said on May 22. “As far as the Springdale Police Department is concerned this report doesn’t exist.”
Scott also said that similar records are usually kept indefinitely.
HollywoodLife.com previously reported that one of the alleged victims, known as “Jane Doe” in the order, filed the petition to have police destroy the record for fear that her name would be released to the public.
After airing a 19 Kids & Counting marathon amidst the ongoing Duggar scandal, TLC decided to pull the show from their lineup on May 22.
Viewers are upset and angry over the news that Josh allegedly molested five little girls when he was a teenager and many want the show cancelled for good. TLC has yet to make a decision regarding the show’s fate.
In addition Josh, both Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have spoken out about the allegation. Read their joint statement here.
HollywoodLifers, do you think the investigation record should have been expunged? Let us know.
— Avery Thompson