Ok, seriously, talk about the coolest First Lady ever! As part of her ‘Gimme Five’ campaign, the FLOTUS shared her workout routine on Twitter! Get her exact workout below (and see how much she can bench press)!
Michelle Obama, 51, is inspirational in so many ways, but one thing we especially love about her is her commitment to healthy eating and fitness for all ages. Challenged by her husband, President Barack Obama, to show five ways she moves, Michelle posted a video to the Let’s Move! YouTube page. Copy her routine right here!
Michelle Obama’s Exercise — Posts Workout Video For #GimmeFive
Here are Michelle’s 5 ways to move:
1. Jumprope. Cornell McClellan, who is a member of the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition, says that you don’t need to come that high off the ground while jumping — it should be a fairly low impact exercise. Also, keep your elbows tucked in and only move your wrists.
2. Ab workouts with a medicine ball. The extra weight gives you more of a challenge! Variety in movement is crucial here.
3. In and out squad with a bench. “It’s an explosive moment” that works the quads and legs, Cornell says.
4. Incline bench press. This works the upper pectoral muscles. Michelle lifts 35 pounds in each hand — super impressive! Keep wrists over elbows and then press directly over your head. Make sure you have someone to assist and spot you.
5. Kickboxing. Cornell says it’s great for conditioning and hand-eye coordination. Michelle does a jab cross, then a roundhouse kick.
At the end of the video, Michelle reminds you to “drink up” your glass of water!
President Obama: Shows ‘Let’s Move’ Routine
In February, the President posted a video of his “moves” with Vice President Joe Biden. They gave us a little tour of the White House on their weekly running path! Watch the funny video here!
Will you try Michelle’s workout?
— Dory Larrabee-Zayas