How devastating. A father and his seven children reportedly have all been found dead in their home due to carbon monoxide poisoning. The family was using a generator after their electric was cut off, when it ran out of fuel an emitted the toxic gas.
Maryland father, Rodney Todd Sr., 36, and his seven children who ranged from ages 6 to 16, have all passed away in a tragic accident. Officers reportedly went to the family’s home in the town of Princess Anne on April 6 where they found the entire family dead from inhaling the poisonous gas. So horrific.
Father & All 7 Children Were Killed By Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
A Maryland father and his seven kids were found dead inside their one-story family home after reportedly being poisoned by carbon monoxide from a generator. The family was using the machine because they could not keep up with their electricity bills, according to The Associated Press.
The other seven victims were identified as boys Cameron, 13, and Zycheim, 7; and girls Tynijuiza, 15; Tykira, 12; Tybree, 10; Tyania, 9; and Tybria, 6.
Authorities have not confirmed any information about possible carbon monoxide poisoning, but Chief Scott Keller of the Princess Anne police force told The AP that there was no foul play. He also said that there was a generator with no gasoline found in the kitchen. Chief Scott did confirm that the electricity had been shut off to the Todd home.
Rodney Was A Very Caring Father
Rodney’s mother described him as a wonderful and caring father. “There was nothing he wouldn’t do for them,” she told the AP.
“If he couldn’t do it, he’d sit them down and tell them, `Dad has to pay for this — I might not be able to get it this time, but I will get it to you when I can.’ And they understood. All he was trying to do was to keep his kids warm. I speak to him every day, four or five times. … He calls and tells me what’s going on. I don’t know why he didn’t tell me this time because he knew I would have helped him.”
She went on to tell the outlet,”I feel empty. I’m used to coming up here and seeing my grandkids running up and down the steps.” So heartbreaking.
Our thoughts are with the Todd family and friends during this difficult time.
— Brittany King