Oh no! Four people were allegedly shot at Lil Wayne’s mansion in Miami Beach on March 11. Is the rapper okay?
The Miami PD rushed to Lil Wayne‘s home on La Gorce Island in Miami Beach after someone called the cops claiming to have shot four people, according to new reports from TMZ and WSVN. Plus, the caller allegedly threatened to open fire on the responding officers — so shocking.
Lil Wayne Shooting? — Four People Reportedly Shot At His Miami Beach Home
Four people have allegedly been shot at the rapper’s home, TMZ reports. Police are on the scene now and have set up a perimeter around the house.
However, a pubic information officer tells local news station WSVN that “at this point, there is no indication of any shot being fired.” Police have not entered the home yet but they say that no victims have been found so far.
Lil Wayne, 32, is in Miami but not at home, according to the site, nor is his rumored girlfriend Christina Milian or his children, to the best of our information. His record label Young Money told WSVN, “Lil Wayne is okay, he is not home.”
The label also took to Twitter to reassure Lil Wayne’s fans, writing:
Wayne is okay. Wasn’t home during alleged events.
— Young Money (@YoungMoneySite) March 11, 2015
HollywoodLife.com has now spoken to Public Information Officer Vivian Thayer, who said that the LA Swat Team has not yet made entry into Lil Wayne’s home, and so so far, they don’t have a confirmed shooting and they haven’t located any victims.
She also said that there’s a possibility that this could be a swatting situation, which is when people make a prank call in order to elicit a massive police response. However, Officer Thayer added, “But if we treat it as if no one is injured and there is, that’s on us.”
The Miami PD also tweeted on March 11:
“Swatting” is a possibility but MBPD does not take chances when responding to these types of calls.
— Miami Beach Police (@MiamiBeachPD) March 11, 2015
HollywoodLifers, check back for more updates on this developing story.
— Tierney McAfee