The Alice & Olivia presentation during Fall 2015 New York Fashion Week showcased beautiful flowers in the model’s hair, similar to what Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez have done in the past! Get the look below!
Flowers in your hair will always be fun and feminine, and the beauty look at Alice & Olivia on Feb. 16 in New York was one of my favorites of the week. Get the exact hair and makeup breakdown below!
Alice & Olivia Fashion Week — Bold & Sexy Hair At Fall 2015 NYFW
Lead Stylist Rodney Cutler said: “The Alice + Olivia woman is strong, sophisticated and bold. She commands your attention. I wanted to develop that further with her hair.
Paying careful attention to each detail, I created a sleek rope braid and fastened it into a chignon for a strong, immaculate silhouette from all sides. The ruby red flowers and luscious lips complemented the ornateness of the clothes and delve deeper into the extreme detail and texture of the collection.”
Hair How To At Alice & Olivia Fall 2015
Here is the exact hair how-to:
“1. Start by creating a strong center part.
2. Apply Cutler Volumizing Spray and Redken Full Frame 07 Protective Volumize Mousse at the root and blow dry hair straight.
3. Separate hair into three sections. Two in the front, from the center part directly down to behind the ears, and a third in the back, with the remaining hair.
4. Gather the back section of hair into a low ponytail just below the occipital bone and secure with elastic.
5. Using a flat brush, pull the front two sections toward to the back of the head and secure with a secondary elastic around the ponytail.
6. Create a rope braid by dividing ponytail into two sections and twisting each section counterclockwise, until the full length has been twisted.
7. Then, cross the two sections over one another repeatedly until you reach the bottom of the ponytail and secure with elastic. This creates the rope braid.
8. Twist the rope braid into a horizontal chignon from ear to ear. Secure with french pins and finish with Redken Fashion Work 12 Versatile Hairspray to hold.
9. Add 3 ruby red large carnations across the top with pins.”
Nails At Alice & Olivia
Sophie Marques, Lead Technician for Nails inc, spoke on the inspiration: “The collection was very opulent and embellished with a 70’s rock chick vibe so the nail look worked to complement this.”
Here’s how to get the look:
“Remove all traces of polish with the Express nail polish remover and prep nails and cuticle with Vitamin e cuticle oil pen.
Apply one coat of the Superfood NailKale Base Coat to create a smooth surface
Apply two coats of Grosvenor Crescent for the regal purple base followed by one coat of Belgrave Square for the rose gold embellished effect.
Finish the look with the 45 second Top Coat with Kensington Caviar so models are instantly ready for the runway.”
— Dory Larrabee-Zayas