The hair at Tadashi Shoji’s Fall 2015 Fashion Show reminded me of styles I’ve seen on Selena Gomez, Reese Witherspoon and Jessica Chastain. Get the exact hair how-to below!
Models looked stunning at the Tadashi Shoji Fall 2015 show during New York Fashion Week on Feb. 12. The sleek and sexy hair and makeup is easier than it looks — read expert tips right here!
Tadashi Shoji Runway — Old Hollywood Glam Hair
Lead Stylist Rodney Cutler told us about the hair:
“This collection is all about airy, easy, elegance with a fresh take on old Hollywood style. Once I saw the fabrics, I knew I wanted to complement this idea. The hair looks luxe with the voluminous curls, but young and sleek in the front with the severe part and silky texture.”
Here’s how to get the exact look:
“1. Apply a generous amount of Redken Full Frame 07 – All Over Volumizing Mousse from roots to ends of towel-dried hair.
2. Create a deep side part and separate three sections. Two in the front, from the side part directly down behind the ears, and a third in the back with the remaining hair.
3. Blow dry the back section with an upward motion to create volume. Blow dry side sections pulling the hair away from the face for a slicked back look.
4. Curl full head using a 1 1/4 inch curling iron. Pin each curl to the head using U pins. Allow hair to cool.
5. Once hair is set (cold) gently brush to drop the curl and smooth the crown, for a natural amount of volume.
6. Rub a dime size amount of Redken Velvet Gelatine 07 – Cushioning Blow Dry Gel into your hands, apply where needed to keep the sides flat and neat. Brush through.
7. Spray Redken Wind Blown 05 – Dry Finishing Spray all over to secure look.
Nails At Tadashi Shoji
Katie Jane Hughes, butter LONDON Global Colour Ambassador, told me the scoop backstage: “I was going for a cloud effect. The inspiration was aviation and flight. I used a sponge to ombre the nail. It’s airy and floaty. It’s like sunlight coming through clouds.”
Here’s the how to:
“Start by applying butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Cotton Buds with a sponge making sure the nail tip is covered, so the white color fades up diagonally like a cloud.
Using butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Full Monty, use the opposite side of the sponge to soften any harsh lines and blend the white and gold nail lacquers slightly.
Finish by using butter LONDON Hardwear P.D. Quick Top Coat to give the nails a brilliant shine.”
Makeup was by MAC Cosmetics. Skin was simple and minimum but eyes were amped up with tons of gold glitter.
Would you wear this look, HollywoodLifers?
— Dory Larrabee-Zayas