If losing weight is at the top of your New Year’s resolution list, we are here to help! We have top tips from 15 celebrities on how they stay fit and red carpet ready. Get their best advice below!
2015 Weight Loss — Star Diet Tips & Tricks
Stars spoke to Us Weekly magazine and spilled their top tips!
1) Miranda Lambert: Everything In Moderation — If her breakfast is high in calories, she picks a low-cal dinner like grilled chicken and sweet potatoes. “I’m not just blowing it all day long.” She burns off her must-have snack — Cheetos — with daily hour-long cardio drills with trainer Bill Crunchfield. “I’m pretty strong.”
2) Jessica Simpson: Oatmeal & Small Portions — She used Weight Watchers to slim down after her baby, eating small portions of chicken and oatmeal. She does strength training sessions three times a week.
3) Jennifer Lopez: Cardio All The Time — “I lost 8 pounds,” Jennifer told the magazine. She did it by eating lean meat, BodyLab shakes for breakfast, broccoli and carrots. “When I eat better, I feel better. You realize how much you don’t need the butter and bread to be healthy. You need the greens!”
4) Kate Hudson: High Tech Tracking –– Kate tracks her meals with the MyFitnessPal app, and aims for 1,800 calories a day. “You gotta eat right.” She also does two hours of core work with trainer Nicole Stuart three times a week. “I work my a*s off!”
5) Sofia Vergara: More Greens — “I’m trying to eat healthier, like do juices and vegetables,” she told Us Weekly. She also works out daily with dance classes and Pilates.
6) Kaley Cuoco: No Alcohol — “I work out four to five times a week. I love to be active and just get out there and be outside.” She skips alcohol for a lean body. “Alcohol bloats us…I’ve become a little bit more aware of what goes in my body.” She also does SoulCycle, yoga and horseback riding.
7) Olivia Wilde: Stayed Active While Pregnant –– “I did SoulCycle until I was eight-and-a-half months pregnant.” She continued the workout post-baby to drop pounds. As for her diet, she says: “Everything in moderation.”
Lose Weight In 2015 — More Celebrity Diet Tricks
8) Nicki Minaj: No Sugar Or Starch — “I”m always hungry! I wish I could eat whatever I wanted.” She lost 10 pounds by giving up Snickers and sides of potatoes. Three days before a big shoot, she says: “I just cut out sugar and starch.”
9) Reese Witherspoon: A Healthy Mom — “I work out all the time!” She runs, rollerblades and takes hip-hop classes. She loves to re-fuel with raw sprouted almond milk shakes.
10) Hilary Duff: Treat Yourself — Hilary does boxing drills and trainer Gabe Johns “runs my a*s up and down this big hill.” She eats “a lot of chicken” but rewards herself, too: “I love wine.”
11) Gabrielle Union: All About Balance –– “When I’m not working, I try to be reasonable. One day, maybe it’s a bacon cheeseburger; another day, it’s quinoa and kale.” When she is working, she’s more strict and wears a heart rate monitor to see how many calories she burns during her 90-minute kickboxing and sprinting sessions with trainer Ahmad Baari. She eats clean with green smoothies and fish and an occasional meal of red meat. Plus, she says: “I drink a gallon of water a day.”
12) Jada Pinkett Smith: Working Out Is Key — She eats brown rice to get energy for her daily 45-minute workouts that include pushups, yoga and running. She burns about 500 calories a day. “You can eat whatever you want as long as you’re willing to put the work in.”
13) Lupita Nyong’o: Tons Of Water — “I eat well and drink water even when I don’t feel like it.” She eats salmon and chicken with rice, and does yoga and weight lifting for lean muscles.
14) Eva Mendes: Low-Carb Diet — Her post-baby body is thanks to breast-feeding and a low-carb diet. “You want to be healthy for the baby because she’s eating kind of what I’m eating.”
20) Scarlett Johansson: Runs Every Day — She runs daily and eats a lot of salads. That helped her get back into her size 25 jeans just two months after having a baby. “She gets healthy meals from Whole Foods,” a friend told Us Weekly.
Is losing weight one of your New Year’s resolutions, HollywoodLifers?
— Dory Larrabee-Zayas