She’s back to the dark side! Ariana showed off her dark brown makeover on her Instagram on Dec. 19. Do you love her new look?
Ariana Grande posted her new hue to her Instagram, writing: “snuggllled up. bedddd head (back to dark brown btw) haiiiiirrrr.” We think it looks absolutely amazing!
Ariana Grande’s Dark Brown Hair — Dyes Hair Before Christmas
Back in November, Ariana looked like a golden goddess with blonde highlights, but on Dec. 19, she showed off her new dark brown look. She’s no stranger to hair dye — she wore her hair bright red for years while she was a star on Nickelodeon’s Victorious and Sam & Cat.
How To Dye Your Hair Dark — Expert Tips
Oscar Blandi‘s Head Colorist (and my personal fave) Kyle White, told us how to do it:
“If you’re thinking of trying brunette — below are my five essential tips for doing dark right.
1. When darkening hair, you don’t need all the ammonia and peroxide necessary when going light. It’s all deposit color, so opt for a vegetable dye or semi-permanent hair color with lots of emollients and proteins. These dyes leave hair feeling great, with tons of shine and are much more easily changeable than permanent dyes with heavy chemicals.
2. Start by going one or two shades darker at a time. That way you won’t shock your friends and family. Plus, if you decide you don’t like the results, it’s easier to change.
3. If you’re a highlight girl but you still want to be a part of this trend, try adding some low lights to the mix or even a darker gloss — that can be enough to enhance your complexion and bring out your features.
4. Avoid flat, inky dark hues by choosing rich shades like dark golden brown, and chestnut.
5. Dark shades can read heavy and solid, especially on blunt hair cuts. You can solve this by adding a few very subtle tone on tone highlights, just around the frame of the face and top styling area. I call these invisi-lights because people can’t really see if it’s highlights in the hair or just the way the light is hitting your head.
7. If your color feels too dark, you can try stripping out some dye with a clarifying shampoo or in extreme cases, try a liquid detergent like Dawn. Always be sure to follow any clarifying treatment with a deep conditioning masque.”
Do you love Ariana’s new color, HollywoodLifers?
— Dory Larrabee-Zayas