Lupita looked like a golden goddess as she was honored at the 2014 ‘Glamour’ Women of the Year Awards on Nov. 10 in New York City. We chatted with her hairstylist and makeup artist — get her exact beauty look below.
We’ve missed seeing Lupita Nyong’o on the red carpet! She looked amazing wearing Chanel, and her eyes were shining bright with a gold, shimmery shadow. Find out the exact products used on Lupita right here!
Lupita Nyong’o: Makeup At ‘Glamour’ Awards — Stunning Gold Smokey Eye
Nick Barose did her makeup and wrote on Instagram: “That gorgeous glowing skin with golden washed sparkly smoky eyes created with Lancome ….Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Kissed By Gold and my new favorite lip color this fall, a bronze berry lipstick #Lancome L’Absolu Rouge in Jezebel.”
Here are all the exact products he used:
• Advanced Génifique Youth Activating ConcentrateFACE
• Génifique Eye Light-Pearl
• La Base Pro Pore Eraser
• Nude Miracle Liquid-to-Powder Makeup in Suede 530
• Translucence Mattifying Powder in Suede 550
• Blush Subtil in Shimmer Brilliant Berry
• Le Correcteur Pro Concealer Kit in Suede 550
• Les Sourcils Definis in Dark Brown
• Artliner 24H in Black Diamond
• Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting EyeLiner in Minuit
• Color Design 5 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Kissed by Gold
• Le Lipstique in Sheer Chocolat
• L’Absolu Rouge Lipcolor in Jezebel
Lupita Nyong’o’s Hair At ‘Glamour’ Awards — Beauty How To
Ted Gibson told HollywoodLife.com:
“WOW, I am one lucky hairdresser! I get to work with the most beautiful women in the world who win countless awards, and some of the most amazing human beings on the planet. Luptia is one of them. Tonight I had the pleasure of helping her get ready for a very special night. Once a year, Glamour magazine holds one of the most moving ceremony honoring the women who inspire us to do better, ask us to give back and live better lives for women and girls all around the world.
I want to talk to you about Lupita. I have worked with her for over one year now. In that year, I have been able to do countless magazine covers and red carpet events with her and the person I met then is still the same person she is today. All of those great moments have not changed her. She is generous, loving and caring.”
Here’s how to get the look:
“1. I started off wetting her hair down with a water bottle to give her hair moisture. I then applied my own concoction of Kerastase Elixir Ultime, L’Oreal Professionnel’s Gelee Cashmere and Leonor Greyl’s Serum de Soie Sublimateur. These products add shine, luster and moisture to her hair while defining and holding her curl.
2. Next, while blow drying to dry her hair, I used a pick to fluff it out and to give it volume.
3. I finished with L’Oreal Professionnel’s Perfect Shimmer for added shine and L’Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray Extra Strong Hold to hold the look in place.”
Do you love Lupita’s hair and makeup at this event?
— Dory Larrabee