Apple unveiled the new iPhone6 at an event in Cupertino, California on Sept. 9. The new phone is bigger, badder and possibly the coolest cell phone ever to exist! Find out all the details.
Diss you miss Apple’s unveiling of the new iPhone 6 on Sept. 9? No worries! We’ve put together a list of all the information you need to know about the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus. Yes, there’s a Plus version, but that’s not all.
Apple iPhone 6: 5 Things You Need To Know
“Today, we are launching the biggest advancement in the history of iPhone,” Apple CEO Tim Cook said at the event in Cupertino, California.
Apple threw a lot of information at us, but here’s what you’ll want to know!
1. The New iPhone 6: The iPhone 6 will feature a larger 4.7 inch retina HD screen, while the 5.5 inch iPhone 6 Plus model also will be offered, according to HollywoodLife.com‘s sister site Variety. It will come in gold, silver and space gray.
2. Size & Shape: The phones are thinner than any other iPhone and have curved edges.
3. Battery Life: The iPhone 6 will have equal or better battery life than the iPhone 5s, however, the iPhone 6 Plus features a longer battery, given its larger size.
4. Camera: A new camera protrudes a bit out the back. It also has a new sensor, but sadly, the camera is still 8 megapixels. On a positive note, it does a better job of recognizing faces in scenes, and delivers better focus, especially in low light conditions, with the iPhone 6 including digital image stabilization, while the iPhone 6 Plus has optical image stabilization.
5. Price: The iPhone 6 will be available on Sept. 19th, but you can pre-order it on Sept. 12. Pricing for the iPhone 6 starts at $199 and goes to $399. The iPhone 6 Plus will start at $299, with the highest priced at $499.
Apple also unveiled the Apple Watch smartwatch and a new mobile payments platform called ApplePay.
Will you be getting the new iPhone 6, HollywoodLifers? Tell us how you feel about Apple’s newest product!
— Chris Rogers