Lorde arrived in Inglewood, California for the 2014 VMAs in her normal dark fashion and her hair looked healthier than ever. We love her long shiny curls, and we have how-to steps on recreating her red carpet look!
Lorde’s MTV Video Music Awards Hair & Makeup
Lorde’s 1960’s Jerry Hall-inspired hair was styled by hairstylist to the stars, Andy LeCompte. (He also styled Miley Cyrus for the night!)
Here’s how to create Lorde’s look with 5 easy steps!
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. To create the perfect foundation for styling, spray damp hair with Wella Professionals LuxeOil Keratin Boost Leave In Conditioning Spray then blow dry using a large ceramic brush to create natural volume.
3.Create a deep side part in the hair, then curl the entire head with a 1 ½ inch ceramic curling iron to create long loose waves.
4. Apply 2-3 pumps of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the palms of your hands, and then gently run fingertips through the curls to add shine and definition.
5. Finish the look with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray, lightly misting hair to prevent flyaways.
Lorde’s Bold Plum Lip At VMAs
Lorde’s bold look wouldn’t be complete without her standout plum lips! She’s wearing PURE HEROIN from her own limited edition MAC Lipstick collection and gorgeous mauve eyeshadow.
What do you think of Lorde’s VMAs beauty, HollywoodLifers? Share your thoughts in the comments!
— Kindra Bailey
More VMA Beauty News:
- Rita Ora Covers Red Nails With Black Diamonds — See Her $56,000 Mani
- Nina Dobrev’s Teased Pony & Red Lips At VMAs — Get The Look
- Katy Perry’s Long, Voluminous Hair At MTV VMAs — How To