One of the biggest nights in music — the MTV Video Music Awards on August 24 — brought plenty of awesome moments and performances. Browse through our gallery and see our favorites! Then, tell us: what was YOUR favorite part of the show?
The 2014 MTV Video Music Awards lit up the The Forum in Inglewood, California on Aug. 24, and there were so many memorable moments! From Nicki Minaj‘s raunchy performance of “Anaconda” to Beyonce’s mega performance and acceptance of the Video Vanguard Award, we loved seeing all of our favorite stars.
MTV Video Music Awards — Best Show Moments
Here are some of our favorite moment from the show (in no particular order):
1. Nicki Minaj’s “Anaconda” performance was her sexiest and wildest live performance ever! It intro’d her new song, “Bang Bang” with such an intense twerking performance — it put Miley Cyrus to shame! (Did we mention that Nicki also suffered a wardrobe malfunction?)
3. Beyonce performed a 15-song medley and then happily accepted the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. Plus, the singer’s husband, Jay Z, and daughter, Blue Ivy, supported her during the one-in-a-lifetime moment — it was so touching!
4. Common requested a moment of silence for Mike Brown, a black teen who was shot a killed by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri.
5. Katy Perry imitated an extremely iconic moment in red carpet history: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake‘s matching denim outfits from the 2001 American Music Awards!
6. Ariana Grande showed her first PDA with boyfriend Big Sean, when they were spotted holding hands backstage, proving they’re officially a couple!
There were certainly way too many great moments to pick just one as our favorite, so we’ll leave that up to YOU!
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Which VMA moment was your favorite? Click through our gallery, vote in our poll and tell us how you feel in the comments section.
— Chris Rogers