The newest ‘Bachelorette’ breaks tradition in order to be extra sensitive to a suitor, Iggy Azalea breaks into movies and Allison Williams wins a coveted role.
Here’s how five strong women each made a #TINYWIN! Get inspired to recognize your own #TINYWIN moments!
#TINYWIN: 5 Newsmaking Women Who Rock
1) Andi Dorfman: When Andi, 27, set out on her quest for true love, her earnest devotion to finding Mr. Right impressed both her suitors and her audience. But it was her kindness and sensitivity to her lovelorn bachelors that really was impressive. Every episode in which Andi has to say goodbye to smitten men has showcased the quality of her character, and never more than when she had to let down finalist Nick Viall.
Understanding that Nick was in love with her, Andi deviated from tradition and didn’t allow him to go through the heartrending final rose ceremony. It was her sensitive decision to instead visit him and have an honest heart-to-heart discussion, in order to tell him that their relationship was “not right,” that earned her a #TINYWIN for being totally classy. Well-handled, Andi!
2) Allison Williams: A high five for flying into her #TINYWIN moment. The star of the hit HBO show Girls is taking on what Lena Dunham called in a tweet,“one of the greatest drag roles in history” — Peter Pan.
Allison, 26, landed the lead role in NBC’s upcoming live TV musical — which will air on Dec. 4, 2014 — and she will star alongside Christopher Walken as Captain Hook.
As her father, NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams, said when breaking the news of her #TINYWIN on-air with a picture of her as a little girl in costume, “Allison’s been preparing for this role since she was three!” Congrats, Allison!
3) Lorde: She’s only 17 but she just racked up a new and very exciting #TINYWIN.
New Zealander Lorde will sing the lead song in the upcoming, sure-to-be-a-blockbuster Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part I!
And that’s not all — the “Royals” singer will also curate the entire soundtrack! What a #TINYWIN, Lorde!
Iggy Azalea Owns The Summer Airwaves
4) Iggy Azalea: Now, here’s another young woman who’s having the best year of her life. The Australian-born rocker, 24, has owned the summer airwaves with the two biggest hits of the season — “Fancy”, and “Problem”, with Ariana Grande.
Now she needs to give herself another well-deserved pat on the back after landing her first film role — a cameo in the upcoming Fast & Furious 7 movie. Her excited co-star Vin Diesel spilled the beans this week, and we can’t wait for her big screen debut. Rock that #TINYWIN, Iggy!
5) Danielle Brooks: Wow — what a wonderful #TINYWIN for the Orange Is the New Black star! Danielle, 24, just won the Young Hollywood Award for Breakthrough Actress for her portrayal of Taystee, a mouthy but vulnerable young woman who gets locked up after falling into life as a drug dealer.
Danielle was beyond excited to win the award and she told us at Hollywoodlife.com, “It’s such a beauty to be on a show where I get to work with multiple women of color!”
Way to go, Danielle, for your #TINYWIN!
Now, you don’t have to be a celebrity to have #TINYWIN moments. You too can have them every day — big and small accomplishments that you must take a moment to appreciate. So make a resolution to yourself to recognize when you’ve had a #TINYWIN and enjoy!
HollywoodLifers, do you recognize your own #TINYWIN moments? Let me know!
— Bonnie Fuller
More #TINYWIN News:
- Nicki Minaj, Zendaya & Tamron Hall Inspire With #TINYWIN Moments
- Selena Gomez & Angelina Jolie’s Inspiring #TINYWIN Moments
- Ariana Grande, Gwen Stefani & Bella Thorne Are #TINYWIN Rock Stars