Drake hosted the ESPY Awards in LA on July 16 with ease and total charisma. I am a Drake fan all over again and I want to know if you agree with me!
Drake kicked total butt as the 2014 ESPY Awards host. It’s not just because he has great style and can sing like no other, it’s much more than that.
Drake — 5 Reasons Why He Was The Best Host Ever
Drake wasn’t just smooth, he was hilarious! He totally won me over every single second that he spoke and it made watching a show about sports that much easier for me!
Where do I even begin? Here are the top 5 reasons why Drake was a great host:
1. Drake hit the stage in a sexy tux and he immediately began cracking jokes. He made fun of tons of athletes and even celebs like Rick Ross. But he did it in a way that wasn’t mean, he kept it classy and I loved that.
2. Drake showed off his acting chops, not only by memorizing an entire monologue without a teleprompter but he used accents and even did a hilarious skit with Blake Griffin and Chris Brown where he turns into Blake!
3. Talk about ending a feud in a public way! Major props to Drake for inviting Chris to be part of HIS big night. Having Chris up there with him, not only showed how forgiving he is (they got into a huge brawl in 2012) but it also shows that Drake’s a cool guy for not holding grudges.
4. Drake’s kiss cam where he made fun of an NBA star for blowing in Lebron James‘ ear was hilarious. I loved watching him go around and blow in everyone’s ear, it was so funny and made so many of the players step out of their comfort zone, it was awesome.
5. Drake even shows off his amazing musical skills! He stood up there, joked about being Jewish and then began singing his ESPYs song “Honorable Mention” where he called out people in the audience — amazing!
I thought Drake was an awesome host and I want him to host again next year!
HollywoodLifers, did you think Drake was the best host ever?
— Chloe Melas