Nia Sanchez from Nevada is officially Miss USA! Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about the 2014 Miss USA titleholder!
Nia Sanchez, 24, has nabbed the crown. The former Miss Nevada beat out 50 other beauty queens at the annual pageant on Sunday, June 8 at the Baton Rouge River Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana! Click to meet Nia!
Nia Sanchez Crowned Miss USA 2014
Congrats, Nia! The 24-year-old beauty queen from Nevada, was crowned the 2014 Miss USA winner!
Nia follows former Miss USA 2013 winner, Erin Brady, who passed along the title, crowning Nia on June 8 at the live competition in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Nia competed in the 3-hour live telecast, hosted by Giuliana Rancic and Thomas Roberts, going up again 50 other contestants — the final six came down to Iowa, North Dakota, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and, of course, Nevada!
Nia Sanchez: 5 Things To Know About Miss USA 2014
Nia is officially Miss USA, but what else do we know about her?
1. Nia is the first winner from Nevada: Nia is making history! The 24-year-old pageant queen is the first-ever winner in the competition’s history, since its inception in 1952. The 2013 winner, Erin Brady, hailed from Connecticut. The 2012 winner, Olivia Culpo, who was also crowned Miss Universe, represented Rhode Island.
2. Nia was not born in Nevada: Although she’s the first-ever winner to represent Nevada in Miss USA’s history, Nia wasn’t actually born in the state. Nia was born in Sacramento, California, and lived there, until she was seven years old.
3. Nia is a world traveler: Born in Sacramento, California, Nia moved from the Golden State at the age of seven and lived between Washington and back in California. Since, she has traveled to 13 countries, and plans to visit two more this year. After her high school graduation, she worked as a nanny in Europe, and then traveled to Austria, Switzerland and the Middle East. She also traveled to Thailand, the Great Wall of China and even Mexico for mission trips in 2009 (Nia is half hispanic and her favorite cuisine is Mexican food)! Nia has had pageantry success in the United States and internationally. She settled in Las Vegas, which is her current hometown where she has lived, as the reigning Miss Nevada, for the past year.
4. Nia is a Tae Kwon Do master: Nia is much more than a pretty face! The beauty queen can also kick some serious butt — she has a fourth degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and has trained for 12 years!
5. Nia is a real-life Disney princess: Nia is the face of a character for Hong Kong Disney! As a full-time model for the past seven years — Nia stands at 5’8! — she beat out thousands of applicants. Now, not only does she have a crown fit for a princess, but another huge title — Miss USA 2014! Fun fact: her favorite movie is Disney’s Tangled.
HollywoodLifers, are you happy that Nia won or were you rooting for another beauty queen? Let us know!
– Elizabeth Wagmeister
More Miss USA News:
- Miss USA Preview: Which Beauty Will Take Home The Crown?
- Miss USA Contestant’s Emotional Confession: ‘I Was A Product Of Rape’
- ‘Miss USA’: Giuliana Rancic Reveals What It Takes To Win The Crown