Angelina Jolie plays Maleficent, the evil queen who is determined to ruin Princess Aurora’s life by putting a curse on her that can only be broken by true love’s kiss. But this action packed, 3D flick could be our favorite Disney film yet!
Angelina Jolie as Maleficent, is the perfect villain in this remake of the classic 1959 film, Sleeping Beauty. The movie is like candy for your eyes because there’s fairies, bright colors and even a fire breathing dragon! You will find your inner child all over again in this fairytale with a twist!
Maleficent — Five Reasons To See This Film
There are so many reasons why you should see this move during opening weekend but I’m going to narrow it down to five.
1. The costumes and makeup are absolutely stunning. Angelina’s cheek bones alone are so mesmerizing that it has you captivated the entire time! Plus, the wardrobe on all the cast is jaw-dropping. I truly appreciated the attention to even the smallest details in the film.
2. It’s in 3D! Not only does everything look better in 3D, the movie comes alive and literally jumps out at you when you put the glasses on.
3. Angelina’s daughter, Vivienne Jolie-Pitt plays young Princess Aurora and she’s a good little actress! She made her acting debut in the flick and nailed it! It’s so cool so see Angelina interact with her daughter in the movie, it’ll tug at your heartstrings.
4. Elle Fanning is a beautiful and graceful Princess Aurora. The actress perfectly plays the part of the stunning yet naive Princess who has no idea that she is the daughter of King Stefan [Sharlto Copley].
5. FAIRIES! The movie is filled with flickering pixie fairies in all different colors and we loved it! The best part is the hilarious interaction between the three fairy godmother’s: Knotgrass [Imelda Staunton], Thistlewit [Juno Temple], and Flittle [Lesley Manville].
There are plenty of other reasons to go like intense fight scenes, and let’s not forget about the famous kiss! But you’ll never believe how they amped up and turned this into a modern fairytale!
I fell in love with this movie and I hope you do too! Maleficent hits theaters May 29, so hurry and get to the theater now!
— Chloe Melas
More Maleficent Movie News:
- Elle Fanning’s Gorgeous Hair At The Premiere
- Angelina Jolie Stuns At The Premiere Of Maleficent
- Brad Pitt Attacked At Angie’s Movie Premiere