After Michael Jace was arrested for allegedly fatally shooting his wife, April Jace, on May 19, you might be looking to learn more about the ‘Shield’ actor — read on for 5 things to know about the man whose children witnessed their father killing their mother.
Michael Jace was arrested on May 19 for allegedly fatally shooting his wife, April Jace, 40, during a domestic dispute, while his two under-10 children looked on. Neighbors called 911 after hearing shots fired, according to TMZ, but Jace made his own call to 911 shortly thereafter, telling police “I shot my wife,” and stayed on the phone until LAPD arrived at the scene. Read on for 5 more things to know about the Shield actor who has been booked for murder.
Michael Jace: Who Is The ‘Shield’ Actor Who Killed His Wife? — 5 Things To Know
1. Michael has had a long acting career, playing, ironically, a lot of cops. From 1993 to to 2001 he played ADA Vernon Shore on NYPD Blue, but he is best known for playing LAPD officer Julien Lowe on FX’s The Shield from 2002 to 2008. He has also made guest appearances on Law & Order, LA Law, Judging Amy, Cold Case, and more.
2. Michael had been married to April for 10 years; their 10th wedding anniversary was in June. He and April had two children together — both under 10 — and April has another child from a previous relationship.
Michael Jace Was Previously Married To Jennifer Bitterman; They Divorced in 2002
3. Michael has also held several film roles, playing small parts in Planet Of The Apes, Forrest Gump, and more. He also played basketball legend Michael Jordan in the 1999 FOX TV movie Michael Jordan: An American Hero.
4. This isn’t Michael’s first marriage — the actor was married to Jennifer Bitterman before their divorce in 2002.
5. Michael was born in Paterson, New Jersey, and currently resides in Hyde Park, Los Angeles. He is a tall man at 6’3 1/2″, and he is a Cancer — if astrological signs are your thing.
Our thoughts go out to April’s family during this difficult time.
— Amanda Michelle Steiner