Selena Gomez: How She Feels About Taylor Swift’s Justin Bieber Freeze-Out

Thu, March 13, 2014 8:50am EST by 54 Comments

Selena’s reconciliation with Justin has cost her big time in terms of her friendship with Taylor — but apparently it’s a willing sacrifice for love. After Taylor cut off Selena, a source tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY that the “Come & Get It” singer has resolved that she “doesn’t need a friend in Taylor if she doesn’t want to be friends.”

Selena Gomez, 21, isn’t crying any tears over Taylor Swift‘s decision to end their friendship over Justin Bieber, 20. In fact, Selena thinks her former BFF’s reaction to the reunion has been “very petty,” and she doesn’t understand what “the big deal” is, a source tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY.

Selena Gomez: How She’s Coping With Losing Taylor Swift Friendship

Ending a friendship over a boy seems seems silly — at least that’s how Selena feels after Taylor made it clear that she wouldn’t put up with anymore Bieber nonsense.

“She thinks the way Taylor is dealing with it is very petty,” a source tells us EXCLUSIVELY. “Selena doesn’t see the big deal with her relationship with Justin that everyone else sees.”

But if ending their friendship is so easy for Taylor, then Selena feels like she’s not as good of a friend as Selena thought. “She doesn’t need a friend in Taylor if she doesn’t want to be friends,” the source also adds.

Is Taylor Jealous Of Selena & Justin’s Romance?

Meanwhile, Justin seems to think the real reason Taylor is ending her friendship with Selena is because she’s jealous of their happy reunion.

“Truth be told, Justin thinks that Taylor is ruining her friendship with Selena by yapping and telling her that he’s a bad guy. Selena will see Taylor for what she’s worth in the end — a bitter and jealous girl,” another source told us EXCLUSIVELY.

What do YOU think HollywoodLifers? Is Selena hurting deep down inside over losing Taylor as a friend? Should she end their friendship if Taylor wants to? Let us know!

– Sandra Clark, Reporting by Russ Weakland

More Selena Gomez & Justin Bieber News:

1. Justin Bieber: Taylor Swift Is Jealous Of Selena Gomez’s Happy Reunion
  2. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Are ‘In Love’ & ‘Addicted’ To Each Other
  3. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Officially A Couple Again

JanuaryShytown

Posted at 2:21 PM on March 16, 2014

Listen up young and dumb. If anyone is a real and true friend you don’t give your friends an ultimatum because it will only backfire on you. No one has the right to control another’s life or dictate who you should or shouldn’t see. Now you make not like your friend’s choice, but if you are a real and true friend, then the right thing to do would be to stick by that friend’s side in the good and the bad, otherwise don’t call yourself a friend. You don’t dump your friend just because he or she may be seeing someone you don’t like, after all, it’s not your heart that’s involved and it’s not you who are dating that person. A real friend would not make you choose between her or your boyfriend. If Selena and Justin break up, how much more of a great friend would Taylor Swift be if she was there for her to console her, because that’s what friends do. HL prints so many flip flop tales, but if Taylor Swift did give Selena an ultimatum, then most likely it was because she was jealous of the fact that Selena had a boyfriend and she doesn’t and, makes her seem like she is Jealous and Bitter. There is no reason in this world that a female or male can’t have a best friend and a mate at the same time. Such is life!

Kimberly

Posted at 10:45 PM on March 15, 2014

I am so GLAD Taylor took a hike!!! she has no business bossing or CONTROLLING Selena’s love life!! Everyone loves someone and no one has the right to choose it for them! I think Taylor is a very selfish, arrogant, jealous lttlel girl! I had a friend like her once, and it was a nightmare!! I felt like i was not my own person and , had no time for me without her there telling me what i was going to do and it was always something about her! It was never about me! She made me feel like i was a weak person because of her controlling! I dumped our friendship after she tried to get me fired at my 10 plus years job because i met another friend and started spending time with this new friend as well. I was not allowed to have other friends other than her or she would be sneaky and do things to hurt my ability to survive with having my job. This kind of a person is very emotionally draining and high maintenance! I felt so much better after getting away from her that i felt like a was free! I don’t wish these kinds of friends on anyone! i feel Selena made the right choice; if she loves Justin, then she should try to fix it with him! Adults don’t do this anymore! They think it’s easier to run and break up or divorce! I am proud the are both working on it and seeing what they have and it is clear to me; Justin is a better person when he is in love with Selena and with her. The media needs to back the hell up and let these kids work out their life with no interfearance; which is what brought on the multiple breaks up to begin with!!! Best wishes to both of them!!!

Ruth

Posted at 10:17 PM on March 16, 2014

Have you ever think for a second that, maybe your friend was just concern with what you’ve been going through? Maybe she wants you to have a much BETTER life. Although they don’t have the right to give us unsolicited advices or tell us what to do, for me it’s better that I be told HONESTLY even if it is BRUTALLY frank, the TRUTH than tell me lies that can totally RUIN me. Well, if you want to LEARN your lesson THE HARD way then maybe it’s better that you will go SOLO than to have a friend who will tell you what to do. If she is a TRUE friend she will tell you the truth no matter how painful it is. At least that’s how you know she is concerned. Then if you will not listen, still that friend will be there by your side. Now if YOU are also a TRUE friend you could HONESTLY tell her “I appreciate the help and concern, but could you please let me handle it in my own way?”

Kayla

Posted at 6:27 PM on March 15, 2014

I don’t get how Selena thinks that her choosing Justin is silly. I would never be best friends with Selena because of this. Here is a reason why, she chose a boy over her best friend. That is where she went wrong and that is why Taylor is mad, not jealous. Who cares about which one of them could keep a boy longer. That shouldn’t matter. Selena did date many boys when she started out too so don’t put that “keep a boy longer” on Taylor. The fact that she chose Justin over her bestfriend hurts.

LaraJung

Posted at 7:30 PM on March 14, 2014

Crazy woman. I swear. Is she blinded by love that badly?? what a joke.

Ralph

Posted at 10:41 AM on March 14, 2014

seriously selena?? you think that the person who always protected you all this time deal with it is very petty?? Don’t you remember that taylor always be there for you when you were heartbroken long time ago?? did you know that justin said that he will not commit to you?? I hope that you’re not regret when you’re getting back with justin..

sandra

Posted at 6:27 AM on March 14, 2014

Taylor is a jealous and very competitive , superficial individual.
I do not know how they like her music even.

Taylor is jealous of Selena and Justin’s love as well as she is jealous of Justin/Selena power house..

She is insincere individual..
I am glad Selena finally woke up and went to Justin.

Coco Love

Posted at 8:59 AM on March 15, 2014

How could u said that to taylor ,how could she jealous of them .she just want her best friend not to meet a bad boy like justin.Justin is such a really really bad person see how many girl he sleep with,why is Selena really dumb to still love him.i don’t know what’s she think but for me I won’t love that kind of boy .

Kalani

Posted at 2:13 AM on March 14, 2014

Justin might mistreat selena but he has good genes and money. Sel can’t find anybody better. She meets a lot of guys and is not shy so she chooses justin for good reasons. He even cares about her a bit.

Ruth

Posted at 5:12 PM on March 13, 2014

Selena remember this: RESPECT begets RESPECT. How you wanted to be treated depends on you. You should learn to say NO. Girl, when you fall in love you tend to use your HEART like you’re wearing it on your sleeve. For a SMART girl like you, please be reminded to use use your BRAIN. That is why it was put on TOP so that it will LEAD your HEART. You need a MATURE, HUMBLE,RESPECTABLE,RESPONSIBLE, GOD-FEARING kind of a guy. One who will INFLUENCE you to do BETTER and NOT RUIN your life. Do not wait for the day that you will be referred to as BIEBER’s DAMAGED GOODS. Move on, don’t eat your words, have PRIDE and walk away while your DIGNITY is still INTACT.

Meghan

Posted at 2:53 PM on March 13, 2014

Really Selena…..you can’t see, read, hear and understand what the whole world sees, hears and understands???? Obviously not as smart as I initially thought.

Melboypete

Posted at 1:53 AM on March 14, 2014

Agree with statement

KALANI

Posted at 1:29 PM on March 13, 2014

I have no life, no friends, no boyfriend. I am a loner and that’s why I’m always on this website :(

cynthia

Posted at 1:38 PM on March 13, 2014

Thank you for your honesty kalani. I’m also without friends. I imagine we are all lonely and fat. Why else would we be here commenting.

liz

Posted at 1:32 AM on March 14, 2014

It happens, I also don’t have any friends, I have a boyfriend, but not any friends and I feel so lonely

leo

Posted at 12:22 PM on March 13, 2014

Selena gomez characterless cow she’s gaining weight I think she might be pregnant

KALANI

Posted at 11:54 AM on March 13, 2014

YOU DON’T SEE JUSTIN’S BESTIE SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT THERE RS. ITS ALWAYS HER GIRLS. JUSTIN IS A NICE GUY. SHE SHOULD JUST BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT.

KALANI

Posted at 11:53 AM on March 13, 2014

WHY WOULD TAYLOR CARE. ITS NOT HER LOVELIFE ITS THERES. SHE SHOULD STAY OUT IT.

KALANI

Posted at 11:52 AM on March 13, 2014

JUSTIN AND SELENA ARE SO MADE FOR EACH OTHER. THEY DON’T NEED YOUR TWO CENTS. LIKE THERE GOING TO SAY OKAY WERE BACK TOGETHER. AND WE DON’T CARE ABOUT HATERS.

Kalani

Posted at 10:37 AM on March 13, 2014

I bet it’s all lies and more rumors. Just a bunch of BS.

mer

Posted at 10:32 AM on March 13, 2014

A SOURCE HAHAHAHAHAH LIARS

LittleMo

Posted at 10:21 AM on March 13, 2014

I can’t believe there are so many stupid people defending Selena and justin over this. I never liked Taylor Swift and still don’t, but as far as justin and selena as a couple go, she is absolutey right. Justin is a jerk, abusive, a thug in the worste sense of the word and getting back together with him was the worst thing selena could do. It’s like a woman who gets back together with an abusive man. Most women have friend who stick by them through something like that but the point will come, and does, when the friends have enough of bailing out someone who wont’ help themselves. That’s exactly what’s going on here. Good move, taylor.

Luna Jon

Posted at 10:13 AM on March 13, 2014

My neighbour is working part time and averaging $9000 a month. I’m a single mum and just got my first paycheck for $6546! I still can’t believe it. I tried it out cause I got really desperate and now I couldn’t be happier. Heres what I do

,>>>>>>>> —————————- W­WW.D­ITJ­OB­S.C­O­M

susan

Posted at 10:01 AM on March 13, 2014

She should mind her own business, no one tells her
who to go out with. Because she can’t hold on to
her boyfriends

rb

Posted at 9:51 AM on March 13, 2014

Not only is she jealous of their happy reunion, but she is worried that Justin’s career will be getting back on track. Justin’s is her closest compaction in the entertainment industry; Taylor has added more tours to boost her net worth. Taylor knew the only way to get too Justin is by way of Selena to break-up with Justin. I think she used Selena’s family too help as well.

1. Justin Bieber 20/160 Mil net worth-6 years (260-300 Mil 2014): Hollywood is jealous of his wealth in just a short period of time.

2. Taylor Swift 24/150 Mil net worth-8 years (250-300 Mil 2014)>Trying to not let Justin over take her (More tours)

Merideth

Posted at 10:13 AM on March 13, 2014

rb….Forbes estimated Taylors NET worth at over 220 million. …Taylor sells more albums..she is the # 1 most downloaded artist .her tours net more than Bieber’s. ..she has lucrative endorsement deals with Cover Girl, Keds, American greatings, diet coke, 3 perfumes. And she ownes her management company (Scooter Braun gels gets about 30 % of what Bieber makes).Taylor jealous of Bieber’s career? rb your delusional. Let’s see who’s next album sells over 1 million first week and who takes almost a year to go platnum? Forbes and other financial experts estimate Taylor will be worth a billion dollars by her 30s.

drew33

Posted at 1:29 PM on March 13, 2014

@merrideth i don’t know which forbes u read bt justin is worth 160M and taylor is the 150M go check again

Merideth

Posted at 2:20 PM on March 13, 2014

@drew33 the 150 million estimate is from Celebrity Net Worth NOT FROM FORBES.. The figure for Taylor hasent been updated in over 2 years. Taylor sold more albums, more downloads,more concert tickets with big name sponserships, more big money endorsements, she is also one of the most streamed music artists and radio airplay artists, and she doesn’t have to pay a manager a big percentage of her income because she manages her self.
FACTS…. but believe what you want.

rb

Posted at 7:43 PM on March 13, 2014

@ Nat: Let’s get Justin’s net worth straight: [h**p://w*w.inquisitr.com/574943/justin-biebers-millions-and-what-he-does-with-it/] h**p://w*w.boxofficemojo.c*m/people/chart/?id=justinbieber.htm
March 16, 2013 Inquisitr reported him having $150 million + June 26, 2013 Forbes business reported him having an additional $58 million in earnings (reported taxes for 2012) = $208 million. His earnings from his Believe tours have not all been reported. There are 54 concerts outstanding at an average of $1,500,000 million per concert. He is actually near $300 Mil.
[h**p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Believe_Tour]

rb

Posted at 7:50 PM on March 13, 2014

@ Merideth: Justin’s hasn’t been updated in over 2 years as well! Also she does have financial advisors that are paid although her dad is the CEO of a banking chain. My facts have links. Please post you links too your facts!!

rb

Posted at 7:54 PM on March 13, 2014

For what it’s worth, Forbes have not commented on Celebrity Net Worth 2014 results!

Nat

Posted at 2:05 PM on March 13, 2014

Forbes is the premier Financial Magazine in the world and Meredith is right. Your quoting 150 million is incorrect or are from sources that are outdated by a year. According to Forbes, Taylor earned 18 million in 2009, 45 million in 2010, 45 million in 2011, 57 million in 2012 and 55 million in 2013 and this is at June 2013. (220 million in 5 years). The web site you check is probably outdated, but I am willing to rely on Forbe’s figure’s as it is the premier financial source for wealth reporting. Their are other websites quoting the 220 million dollar figure and these sites are up to date.

rb

Posted at 7:52 PM on March 13, 2014

My facts have links. Please post you links too your facts!!

cynthiardavis (@cynthiardavis05)

Posted at 9:47 AM on March 13, 2014

my buddy’s aunt makes $88 /hr on the laptop . She has been laid off for 7 months but last month her pay was $19602 just working on the laptop for a few hours. more information
WWW.M­­A­­­X­­3­­4­­­­­.C­O­M

dude

Posted at 9:30 AM on March 13, 2014

This story is total BS….do you know who the “source” is? This crap is being leaked to the media by Bieber’s p/r to get the focus off of how bad he was during that deposition. Every month for over a year some supposed “inside source” has been saying they ended the friendship over Bieber. And guess what? The Tabloids have been wrong every time. Especially Hollywood LIES! Taylor will be there for Selena when she needs her support but for now of course she is disappointed . Along with Selena s Parents and all her close friends. She was supposed to have gone to rehab over emotional problems (and drugs?) stemming from the Bieber relationship.So how could any one close to her not be concerned ?

@edDREAMZ

Posted at 9:13 AM on March 13, 2014

Selena is really a matured lady for making this comment… “””Ending a friendship over a boy seems silly””” and yeah, taylor is really jealous of their re-union other than that, i dont see the reason why she could just end her friendship with selena… justin and selena are meant for each other and there is nothing any one can about it…. (still rocking STARS DANCE AND JOURNALS on my phone)…
>>>NIGERIAN DUDE<<<
***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

Merideth

Posted at 10:36 AM on March 13, 2014

Your right Selena did say that. But there is no proof that that any of this story is true. How many times in the past year have we heard this same BS story from Hollywood Life? And guess what it’s a lie every time and it’s said that people actually believe this crap

KALANI

Posted at 11:56 AM on March 13, 2014

UNLESS ITS ALL LIES AND MORE RUMORS JUST A BUNCH OF BS.

gomez686 (@gomez6861)

Posted at 9:13 AM on March 13, 2014

as Lee answered I am impressed that you can earn $7790 in a few weeks on the internet . visit the website
>>>>>>>> WWW.B­­A­­­Y­­­­9­­­­­1.C­O­M

Jasmine

Posted at 9:05 AM on March 13, 2014

Such a stupid rumour & yeah you both (I mean Taylor & Selena) are stupid! Okay why I said that! 1) Selena chose Justin over Taylor who always supports and be so nice to her. 2) She chose boy over deep friendship and doesnt care to lose it 3) Taylor is so petty 4) Taylor beliebs in herself and what she’s thinkin too much. 5) Taylor doesnt understand Selena that how much she loves him and try to againt Jelena. 6) Justin shoulds move on & Selena shoulds move on & taylor shoulds focus on her work and her friennd’s feeling. NOT JUST HER FEELING OR THINKIN!

Merideth

Posted at 9:51 AM on March 13, 2014

What is really sad is all the morons who actually believe a single word of this crap. Taylor jealous of what?

Jerry

Posted at 10:16 AM on March 13, 2014

Of the fact that Selena can keep a boyfriend for almost 4 years while Taylor has dated dozens of boys but she can’t even sustain any one of those relationships herself.

Merideth

Posted at 11:02 AM on March 13, 2014

Jerry…12 guys? In 8 years it’s called DATING it’s normal most intelligent people do it. You see someone get to know them if it’s not right you move on.What is not normal or healthy is to stay in a toxic relationship ( one that you have to go to rehab for) for 4 years. Jerry most 20 something people I know who belong to j-date or Christian mingle date more people in a year than Taylor in 8years. Jerry when you GROW UP you will understand dating and getting to know people and what works for you is normal and healthy.

Jerry

Posted at 2:05 PM on March 13, 2014

I’m 31 and I know more about dating and relationships than you thinkl. It’s not really dating when you’ve been with hundreds of guys because most people would call that prostitution. Besides, how is Justin and Selena’s relationship “toxic”?? He never hit her, abused her, raped her, or cheated on her (contrary to what the media reports say) so I don’t see how anyone would believe that Justin is a terrible boyfriend to Selena. Meanwhile, she’s the one who broke up with him, dissed him on radio and tv, made dance videos to break up songs that reference Justin, and using other guys to make him jealous. Whatever reason Selena had to go to rehab, it has nothing to do with Justin because he has no involvement in whatever problems she’s been having and if he were really that terrible of a boyfriend, then Selena would never have gone back to him. You try growing up and then come back and talk to me about relationships.

Nat

Posted at 2:12 PM on March 13, 2014

Taylor has dated 6 guys in a period of 8 years (pretty normal) for her age. In fact she has only dated two guys in the last three years, but the tabloids made a lot of idiots believe that Taylor is a serial dater. Come on, stop being deluded. If Taylor dumps a guy, it is because she is a strong and independent woman who doesn’t give in to this male sexist world that we live in. Good for Taylor. I am a guy and I respect this woman for her strength.

Nat

Posted at 2:29 PM on March 13, 2014

Actually, there is a site (Gossip Cop) who has dispelled this story as made-up. (USweekly) was the original article who got their information from a “source”. Usually, a source is someone that is either made up or some instigator. Gossip Cop is a site that is reliable in that it has debunked many rumors not just about Taylor but about many stars. The belief that Taylor has dated 12 guys in 8 years is a myth. You can do your own research as I have done. There are many articles posted in the past by gossip sites that turn out to be creations of myth. Check it out and you will see that (for example, she took a picture with Jared Leno and tabloids were reporting that they were dating- not true. She apparently was dating Cory Monteith- not true. She was pregnant-not true. So go ahead and believe in non-truths, but i must say you are deluded if you do. The truth is is that Taylor is quite normal in dating. She is a busy star and perhaps some of those she has dated did not fit into her schedule or were truly bad men (John Mayer). Remember, Gossip sites just want to mold a story. Go ahead and believe, but I refuse to believe on groundless presumptions.

Merideth

Posted at 2:58 PM on March 13, 2014

@Nat.. What is interesting about Corry Monteith is they hung out for a few minutes at a Grammy party and they went bowling with Selena and a bunch of friends I guess that is what the tabloids call a RELATIONSHIP. Sad