New York Fashion Week provides a glimpse at the newest trends in fashion, makeup, hairstyles, and even nail designs. Nude nails ruled for Fall 2014 — we have step-by-step for Monique Lhuillier, Alexander Wang and more below!
Fashion week trends are sometimes better off on the runway, but the Fall 2014 shows have given us different nail looks that can be worn everyday by anyone! If you want to learn how to get the exact nails from fashion week — keep reading!
New York Fashion Week Nails — Altuzarra Fall/Winter 2014 Collection
Altuzarra’s new collection was filled with different textures, tons of knits, and pops of color! Essie‘s Michelle Saunders designed a beautiful French manicure to complement the collection.
Here are the exact steps to achieve the look — using all Essie products:
“1) Make sure your nails are clean and filed — apply the First Base Base Coat.
2) Next, put on one coat of Ridge Filling Base Coat for that creamy, neutral shade.
3) Then, take Allure and brush on a neat, clean arc to achieve that “French” manicure — let dry.
4) Finish it off with Good to Go Top Coat.”
Monique Lhuillier Fall/Winter 2014 Collection
Essie’s Julie Kandalec was inspired by all the feminine clothing in Monique Lhuillier’s new collection. She wanted to bring out the light pink that shines throughout the designer’s collection, so she created a sheer, pastel pink nail that reminded her of cherry blossoms.
“1) Make sure your nails are clean and filed — apply one coat of Ridge Filling Base Coat.
2) Then, apply one coat of the color muchi, muchi
3) Finish it with Good to Go Top Coat.”
Alexander Wang Fall/Winter 2014 Collection
“Essie’s Michelle Saunders designed a look that can last throughout harsh conditions. She made a chalky, beige nail for the collection.
1) First apply one coat of Ridge Filling Base Coat to clean, filed nails.
2) Then, right after the base coat dries — apply a coat of the color Sand Tropez.
3) Next, apply a coat of the color Mademoiselle.
4) Finish it with a coat of Matte About You Top Coat!”
Do you like the nude nail look or do you prefer a fun, bright color, HollywoodLifers?
— Isabella Kim