Ian & Nina took home a huge award at the People’s Choice Awards — and sealed it with a kiss! Congrats to the happy (on-screen) couple.
Science has never been our best subject, but we’re always willing to talk about chemistry — especially when it pertains to the chemistry of our favorite on-screen couples! Five of today’s hottest TV couples went heads-to-heads Jan. 8 at the 2014 People’s Choice Awards, and no fandom was safe from the carnage.
Ian Somerhalder & Nina Dobrev Win People’s Choice Award: Favorite On-Screen Chemistry
And because they’re such good sports, Ian and Nina even joked about their up-and-down relationship — both on and off screen.
“Good thing it’s not awkward,” Nina said, right before a decidedly awkward silence, and a big kiss from Ian.
Favorite On-Screen Chemistry: TV’s Finest Face Off
When I said “no fandom was safe,” I really meant it. Here’s a quick rundown of the five couples who competed for this prestigious honor:
1. Castle (Nathan Fillion) and Beckett (Stana Katic) on ABC’s Castle
2. Damon and Elena on The CW’s The Vampire Diaries
3. Derek (Patrick Dempsey) and Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) on ABC’s Grey’s Anatomy
4. Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) on ABC’s Once Upon A Time
5. Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Blaine (Darren Criss) on Fox’s Glee
HollywoodLifers, do you think the right couple won this People’s Choice Award, or should it have gone to another fan-favorite twosome? Drop a comment with your thoughts on these results below!
— Andy Swift