We’re so happy for Carl Crawford and Evelyn Lozada! The LA Dodgers outfielder popped the question to the ‘Basketball Wives’ star on Christmas Day — so it’s high time we learned a thing or two about him!
Evelyn Lozada and Carl Crawford have had quite the year. Not only does Evelyn have a baby on the way, but now the couple has announced that they are engaged! Here are five must-know things about Evelyn’s new dream guy.
Five Things To Know About Carl Crawford
1. Baseball was his third favorite sport. Despite being famous for playing for the Dodgers, Carl preferred basketball and football throughout his childhood and adolescence. He even became an All-State quarterback at Houston’s Jefferson Davis High School!
2. He has hit more triples than any active player in baseball. That ain’t easy, folks.
3. In 2010, Carl signed a 7-year, $142-million contract with the Boston Red Sox. Of course he was later traded to the LA Dodgers in 2010, but that nice chuck o’ change should keep Evelyn’s shoe closet full for quite some time!
4. He’s in a messy custody battle with an ex. TMZ reports that Carl is fighting with Amy Freeman, the mother of his 9-year-old son and 5-month-old daughter. (Evelyn is six months along — do the math, there!) Amy wants to leave Arizona with the kids — supposedly to be closer to their dad — but Carl is trying to block her from doing so, telling the judge she’s only moving because California has stronger child support laws!
5. He knows a good ring when he sees one. Evelyn’s $1.4 million sparkler was designed by celebrity jeweler Jason of Beverly Hills. It is made up on a 10 carat, emerald cut center stone, and the band features diamonds as the ring itself features a diamond halo that surrounds the center stone. All together, the ring clocks in at a total of 14.5 carats!
What do you think of Carl Crawford, HollywoodLifers? Is he a good match for Evelyn?
— Shannon Miller