The ‘Once Upon A Time’ spin-off is finally here! Find out what (and who) you can expect to see on tonight’s big premiere.
Once Upon A Time In Wonderland is easily one of the most mysterious new shows of the season. The full pilot wasn’t even released to the press until earlier this week — and tonight at 8 p.m., you’ll finally find out why. The spin-off is basically Once Upon A Time on steroids, and in case you weren’t already planning on tuning in, I’ve got four major teases that will convince you to journey down the rabbit hole.
‘Once Upon A Time In Wonderland’: 5 Major Teases
1. Jafar (Naveen Andrews) isn’t, technically, the only character from Aladdin to make an appearance on the Wonderland pilot! The other character is a little more subtle, and not nearly as talkative, but he (or she) is there, nonetheless.
2. Several familiar faces from Storybrooke make cameos on the pilot, one of whom we haven’t seen since the first season of Once Upon A Time. (Any guesses?)
3. The Mad Hatter isn’t seen on the pilot — we all know Sebastian Stan is a busy, busy man — but he is mentioned. His absence from Wonderland is semi-explained, definitely leaving the door open for him to appear someday. And the show’s executive producers have stated, repeatedly, that Sebastian is always welcome in the Once universe.
4. Much like Once turned Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) into a swashbuckling heroine, Wonderland‘s Alice (Sophie Lowe) is no pushover. She punches, she kicks and — unless I read way too much into one particular scene — she might even kill!
5. Despite the previous tease, there is a nice throwback to Disney’s Alice In Wonderland at the beginning of the episode — at least in costume.
HollywoodLifers, are you excited for Once Upon A Time In Wonderland?
WATCH: ‘Once Upon A Time In Wonderland’ Trailer
— Andy Swift