You may know his songs, but do you know Juicy’s favorite juice? Get the juicy scoop on Juicy J right here.
Juicy J, 38, has a major musical legacy and devoted fan base behind him, but when reports of him allegedly announcing a pregnancy with Miley Cyrus broke, lots of people discovered him — and his music! — for the first time. Brush up on your Juicy J trivia, or learn all about him here!
Juicy J: 5 Things To Know About Miley Cyrus’ Alleged Baby’s Dad
1. His real name is Jordan Michael Houston. Juicy J’s stage name is pretty cool, but it isn’t as fun as the fact that his name is basically Michael Jordan’s name backwards. Appropriate, because he rapped on Mike WiLL Made It and Miley Cyrus’ new track, “23,” which pays homage to the basketball legend’s jersey number.
2. He was one of the founding members of Three 6 Mafia. In 1991, Juicy J founded the group with DJ Paul and Lord Infamous. Members Crunchy Black, Gangsta Boo, and Koopsta Knicca all joined the project later. From an underground project started in Memphis, Three 6 Mafia expanded into a huge empire.
3. He won an Oscar! Three 6 Mafia won the Academy Award for Best Original Song, “It’s Hard Out Here For A Pimp,” in 2006. The song was featured in the film Hustle & Flow.
4. Juicy J’s favorite juice is … orange juice. He frequently posts Instagram pics of his breakfast mimosas, featuring the flavorful citrus juice.
5. He ran a $50,000 college scholarship video contest. Juicy wants ladies to go to college — and ran a video contest encouraging young women to get creative with their video submissions!